Thread: Check Probe error

Default Check Probe error

I have a B machine and a brand new probe. Plug in is on the side.

I am scanning a 13" wide piece. It worked fine the first time without an adhesive tip on it, but the scan was very noisey. I put on an adhesive tip now it will run for a little while the stop with a "Check Probe" error. Often, I just have to hit enter and it restarts, sometimes I have to wiggle the probe then It restarts. Sometimes it stop on the piece, sometimes on an open area. I have tried all three quality settings.

Ideas?

Texasinmi

It could be either the internal connections inside the probe or even the banana plug connector. I do not know if you could test the connection using the sensor checks (0,7 on the keypad) and see if the probe setting will change when you move the probe tip.

For best scan resolution to get the best detail I use the highest quality setting.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The probe is brand new out of the box. I notice when the scan is being performed that there is some chatter as it moves in the Y direction.

This piece does not have a lot of detail, long sweeping curves with a few drill holes. The scan time for Best resolution is 18 hours.

texas