Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum automatic logout time

Default Forum automatic logout time

I have a problem every time I want to put something on the CW forum. I am not a fast typist and I compose my thoughts even slower. So by the time I have something written in the message composer, if it is any length at all, I get an error when I click on the "submit new thread" or "submit message" button. The screen defaults to a message that says I have to be logged in. Since I log-in before I can even GET to the message composer, I would think the software would be aware that I have already done so. But that apparently is not the case. My guess is that I use so much time composing my message that the website times me out and automatically logs me off. Is there some settings page that I can set the auto log-off time to a larger number?

If it is not an auto log-off problem, how come I have to log-in numerous times over the course of an hour or so of reading, typing, and clicking on photos, links, etc.? I never have trouble logging on but it is a pain to do so frequently just to stay connected with the site. I have developed a habit of copying all my written text (including this one) before I try to Submit because if I have to log on again, I lose all my writing and open with a blank message composer.

The Auto-Save pop-up keeps showing every thirty seconds or so but that is no guarantee that I'll still have anything after being forced to log on again.

Any thoughts from anyone? Do I have to just suck it up and deal with it or is there a fix?

I do not have an answer for you but it has to be a setting someplace because I do not have that problem. I never get logged off.

An answer please, I have the same problem.

Could it have to do with cookies disabled? Do you have to log on or are you logged on automatically like I am when you come to the forum?

I dont have an answer... but I never get logged out. I do check the little "remember me" box when signing in (see attached). As most of you know... I'm logged in 24x7 pretty much 365 days of the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-03-05 21_36_17-CarveWright Users' Forum.png  
    Doug Fletcher

I have no problems staying logged on..

I check the "remember me" box also. I am then logged on forever until I finally close my browser. The reason I get logged of then is because my cookies are cleared and my history is erased. To sum it up, if you click the "remember me" a cookie is generated and you can leave the site, come back and still be logged on as long as that specific cookie is not cleared.

Post deleted. Part of my problem I figured out but still not sure whether the time out has been fixed by checking the "remember me" button.

Sometimes I compose long posts in eMail then copy and paste.... For me using AOL the last upgrade I downloaded took away the spell checker in a post like this... So my bad spelling habbits show up sometimes when I type direct in the forum but in eMail it spell checks...

It would be interesting to find out your results if you went to a place like a public library and logged in and see if it happened too....

I am wondering if it is a Internet Server type problem?

Let us know what fixes it as we see others have this too.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Deolman View Post
    I check the "remember me" box also. I am then logged on forever until I finally close my browser. The reason I get logged of then is because my cookies are cleared and my history is erased. To sum it up, if you click the "remember me" a cookie is generated and you can leave the site, come back and still be logged on as long as that specific cookie is not cleared.
    This is what you need to do. I had a similar problem and sent message to Carvewright and Connie told me there is an auto time out and it was set relatively short. I believe the lengthened it some but you are much better off clicking the remember me check box and you don't have to worry about being logged out. It is frustrating to lose a long message, or even a short one that just took a while to compose because you stepped away for a few minutes.
    Custom Cabinets built with the help of my Carvewright - Custom Dart Cabinets

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast