Thread: Forum Family member has passed-Cecil Craft

Default Forum Family member has passed-Cecil Craft

I didn't know where to post this so just picked this spot. I found out today and just wanted to let our Forum Family know that we've lost a fellow Carver (Cecil Craft) recently. I met Cecil during a Wood Craft Show here in Dallas while he was being the "DEMO" person for the Carvewright. I then saw him again during our first Users Group meeting. I had asked him to bring his handgun and Knife grips that he was making. VERY VERY impressive stuff in the way he did it. Although I didn't know Cecil that long he definitely was the type of person that leaves a good impression on people. Yup... I'll miss him too even though we only met a couple of times.
    Here's his obit......... http://www.ariacremation.com/obituary/4171/

Rest in Peace amigo & see you on the other side.............

JerryB
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

May he rest in Peace.

Ambrose

This was a great shock to many of us here at LHR, as some of us have known and worked with Cecil for awhile. I met Cecil about 3 1/2 years ago, while I was working the Woodworking Show in Dallas. He showed me his son Aaron's 3d designs online. He had recently become a pattern vendor, but never uploaded any of Aaron's designs. Joe L., also, worked with him at the WWS in 2012 and he was, this last fall, our START U representative at the WWS in Dallas. He also attended our 2013 Conference last June.

Cecil seemed to always be cheerful, positive and enthusiastic about whatever it was he was doing. He will be missed.

God Bless You, Cecil and your family.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

This is sad and shocking news. Thanks for letting us know. I really enjoyed meeting and knowing Cecil.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

OMG. Cecil was at my house for our first users group. I helped him out at the WoodWorking show in Dallas last year. Very shocked and saddened.

From what I understand is that Cecil's son Aaron heard about our users group that we were starting off with, so he's interested in perhaps attending our next one. He's not too familiar with the CW, but he is a CNC user & may want to try & pick up on his dad's CW skills. He asked to stay informed of our next meet so perhaps after a period of mourning we can set up another meet & bring him in to meet some of his dad's "CW family".
    Last edited by chebytrk; 03-05-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Sounds good. Let me know and I will host another meeting. I would also be happy to spend some time with Aaron and get him up to speed.