Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do I need?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    The machine does tolerate a fair amount of dust IF it is cleaned out well after each carve. Vacuuming it out by making sure the machine is turned off, vacuum hose kept away from machine electronics (key board especially), grounding yourself to the machine while vacuuming and using low pressure air to blow out the crevices and crannies in the machine.

Having a top mount dust collection system attached to the machine allows the user to do multiple carves back to back without doing the deep cleaning described above.

If you do not see a noticeable difference and not 100% satisfied I will buy it back....
    I have to say I've been carving a few months now, and knowing what i know in just my limited experience. I wouldn't buy a machine unless i had dust collection. I have Floyd's gizmo and I'd say cuts down on maintenance issues and downtime considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I do understand. Everybody has their own favorite way of doing things. Some swear by center on board, others jog to position. Some prefer one method of lubricating flex shaft, while others have their own.
    At shows, I vacuum a machine, but I also know the part in the manual that warns against electrostatic discharge. Here, we blow them out, but when running a project, we use a dc insert. We also know how to clear dust from board sensors.

For newbies, it's just A LOT safer to say DON'T DO IT!!
    Would you PLEASE stop making sense and using things like logic? LOL

For what it's worth, I don't blow air while it's running and even then it's very low pressure. Which will be a moot point once the Ringneck Blues insert comes.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    The machine does tolerate a fair amount of dust IF it is cleaned out well after each carve. Vacuuming it out by making sure the machine is turned off, vacuum hose kept away from machine electronics (key board especially), grounding yourself to the machine while vacuuming and using low pressure air to blow out the crevices and crannies in the machine.

Having a top mount dust collection system attached to the machine allows the user to do multiple carves back to back without doing the deep cleaning described above.

If you do not see a noticeable difference and not 100% satisfied I will buy it back....
    Like I'm gonna send it back - I know I'll love it.

I blow the ever lovin bejesus out of the machine after every single carve. And before every carve to make sure I got all i could. Very low pressure air, 30psi. Come to think of it sometimes it'll be around 35 wwhen I check my motorcycle tires and forget to dial it back but that's well within the spec of <80 per the maintenance page.

Just to throw another wrench in there for you, crank it up to 80 or 90 to clear the board sensor.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Just to throw another wrench in there for you, crank it up to 80 or 90 to clear the board sensor.

I think I will because it's been a little uppity lately.

The DC Ringneck insert rocks - although I need to find a better place for my huge dust collector.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123