Hey there everyone! I'm Mike and although I've been reading some of these threads for some time now, I'm essentially new to the forum. So I thought I'd introduce myself. I picked up a reconditioned CompuCarve back in 2011 and other than carving out some vanity doors at the time, I hadn't used the machine all that much until recently. Towards the end of last year, I did some research and reading and checked out these forums. Being the type of guy who likes to have a plan and know what he's doing or talking about before starting anything (also part of the reason I am only just now becoming an active forum member) I went ahead and made some of the upgrades I saw suggested before attempting to get "more serious" with it. Being a reconditioned "A" machine, it already had the A907 upgrade. I installed the heavy duty traction belts, purchased a bunch of the software add-ons, and just recently added a DC Insert and a 1/2" Rock Chuck. Unfortunately, I'm receiving a Z Axis Stall Err E06-0324 at the beginning of any project when the machine starts to calibrate the bit with the bit plate. So I don't know how everything is working yet. I saw mention on here that the bit height on the Rock Chuck may possibly be the cause but haven't actually come across the details for me to check. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.

Anyway, I've been an avid woodworking hobbyist for decades and I'm a web and graphic designer by trade (actually went back to school and got a degree in it just last year...talk about old school, lol). So I am just dying to get familiarized with the software, getting the machine running, and seeing what I can produce. I'm hoping to share my learning process and results with you all. Mike