Thread: what to order

Default what to order

Ok here i go i purchased my machine from a guy but i got no tools and the machine says it has version 1.7 or something like that im not at my shop.so i need to order software for my laptop what should i get ... and thank you all for being so nice to me when i joined about a month ago it's very refreshing not to have people treat you like a dumbass !!!

You can go here:

http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...tarted/update/

and order either the free designer that will work with your machine or get the latest and greatest 2.x. You are authorized to operate all software on two PCs. You will need to call LHR to get things authorized for the used machine. You will have to do that on a regular work day. Have the serial number ready when you call.

Don't worry about questions. This is one of the greatest forums on the net. Everybody here understands a person has to start somewhere.

Be sure and go here:

http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...ted/tutorials/

for tutorials and "Tips & Tricks." These are the things that will get you carving the quickest. Be sure and snoop as well around for manuals and procedures in PDF format

johnriding If you can tell us what you would like to do to start. There is conform vector ,center line. I use them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnriding View Post
    Ok here i go i purchased my machine from a guy but i got no tools and the machine says it has version 1.7 or something like that im not at my shop.so i need to order software for my laptop what should i get ... and thank you all for being so nice to me when i joined about a month ago it's very refreshing not to have people treat you like a dumbass !!!
    If you purchased the machine used you will have to call Carvewright and have it re-registered in your name. Otherwise, everything, including all software, will be in "trial mode".
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    If you purchased the machine used you will have to call Carvewright and have it re-registered in your name. Otherwise, everything, including all software, will be in "trial mode".
    Also you need to get receipt from the guy you bought it from and call it in that he sold it to you so to register the machine
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

You will first need to download the free basic designer software to the computer you plan to use for your designs as mentioned earlier. Until you are able to register the machine itself with Carvewright, you can use the free version of software for 30 days. Contact Carvewright as soon as you can (closed on weekends) so you can get the machine registered. You will need to have the previous owner contact them and confirm that the machine was sold so it can be removed from the previous owners account and allow you to register it. You will need the serial number of the machine to do all of this. Once you have registered your machine and set up a customer account you will have full use of the basic designer software.
    You said that you were not provided any "tools" with the machine. What did you mean by that? You will need a project memory card and a programmer along with the machine in order to save your projects and upload to the machine. Hopefully the seller provided you with those, otherwise you will need to purchase them from Carvewright before you will be able to save or start any projects.
    In the meantime, I would recommend that you take some time and learn as much about the machine as possible. There are several video and PDF tutorials and documents on the website to get you started. It sounds like this may be an older machine so you may need to do some basic maintenance tasks to get it tuned up and ready to carve depending on how well the previous owner took care of it. Once again, all of the information you need to perform these tasks can be found on the website and on this forum. Carvewright has a tech support call center as well and they can be a big help if you get stuck on something.
    Good luck with your machine....As with any machinery, if you take care of it, it will take care of you!

Finding Tips and Tricks on the LHR Site and understanding them will give you a big head start. Things to understand before you start and found in Tips and Tricks will be things like.... "The Seven Inch Rule of Wood", Scaling, and what to do when you crank the head up and it will only click when you try to crank it down....

Welcome,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com