Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone!

Default Hey Everyone!

Hey there everyone! I'm Mike and although I've been reading some of these threads for some time now, I'm essentially new to the forum. So I thought I'd introduce myself. I picked up a reconditioned CompuCarve back in 2011 and other than carving out some vanity doors at the time, I hadn't used the machine all that much until recently. Towards the end of last year, I did some research and reading and checked out these forums. Being the type of guy who likes to have a plan and know what he's doing or talking about before starting anything (also part of the reason I am only just now becoming an active forum member) I went ahead and made some of the upgrades I saw suggested before attempting to get "more serious" with it. Being a reconditioned "A" machine, it already had the A907 upgrade. I installed the heavy duty traction belts, purchased a bunch of the software add-ons, and just recently added a DC Insert and a 1/2" Rock Chuck. Unfortunately, I'm receiving a Z Axis Stall Err E06-0324 at the beginning of any project when the machine starts to calibrate the bit with the bit plate. So I don't know how everything is working yet. I saw mention on here that the bit height on the Rock Chuck may possibly be the cause but haven't actually come across the details for me to check. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.

Anyway, I've been an avid woodworking hobbyist for decades and I'm a web and graphic designer by trade (actually went back to school and got a degree in it just last year...talk about old school, lol). So I am just dying to get familiarized with the software, getting the machine running, and seeing what I can produce. I'm hoping to share my learning process and results with you all. Mike

Yes, it is the Bit Length that is causing the error... It is going to be a trial and error to find the correct length... I use locking rings to let me get the bit to the same length every time....

So that is my best guess if the mechanical of the machine is OK as in not Roller Rail Bearings off track.

This is a common Rock Problem...

LHR has tuned the machine to look for the exact length as seen by the CT and Bit.

If you decide to go with a CT, I and a few others would be interested in buying the Rock.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

This issue is resolved in the next Designer update.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    This issue is resolved in the next Designer update.
    Only in the 2.xx series? Does 1.187 have issues with this? Since I am a Rock user I wanted to know as I am still on 1.184.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Only in the 2.xx series? Does 1.187 have issues with this? Since I am a Rock user I wanted to know as I am still on 1.184.

AL

This is not an issue with 1.187.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    This is not an issue with 1.187.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Good to know,

AL

Connie,

Do you know when the next update is going to be released?
    Thanks,

Mikemi
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Soon, but not sure.

Thanks Al. That was it. It did take some trial and error but I did get past that initial error and got my carvings to start. Unfortunately, the Z-axis error has been popping up in the middle of the carving process causing an abort. I'll have to experiment further. I'm thinking it may be that I have the bit height set just at the cusp of the tolerance setting and perhaps it reads ok at some points and not at others? Or maybe the mismatch of adapters and bits I'm using allow for a minute amount of bit slippage--just enough to cause the error? I guess I'll just have to see unless someone else has additional wisdom to help me out with.

Mike

Mike,
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but I don't see where it can hurt anything. I was having all kinds of problems and I, like a lot of other folks, am running the rock . When I upgraded to 2.004 was when all my problems started. I was about ready to pull my hair out. After going thru a lot of frustration, I formatted one of my cards and then installed 2.002 firmware. Solved almost all of my problems. I still have a couple things I have to work around, but they are minor. You might try this and see if it helps. If you try this, when you load a project to the card, it will tell you that you have the older control logic and do you want to update to the newer logic. Just say no and go on to upload your project.

Mikemi
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast