Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KC Woodworking Show This Weekend!!!!!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    Jerry, feel free to mention the large sign I made( with the CW) on the back wall of the Lees Summit Woodworkers Guild booth so your customers can get an idea of how large there projects can be. I was going to stop by Sunday and say HI, but I have to work this weekend. Good luck with the show.
    Do you have a pic of the sign? I would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Jerry,

Thought I would also let you know to be ready for the "WOW FACTOR" when the pick up the litho carving pieces. Let then stand there for a few seconds looking at it like a piece of wood and then ask then to hold it up so they can view it the lights behind it. Most times the first thing they say is WOW!
    yes, I did this many many times at the Baltimore show and got the same WOW every time. On top of that, the guy in the next booth was an older gentleman selling bathtub inserts and he remembered going to the stadium as a kid and watching him play around the time the picture was taken and would jump in and comment when people looked at it too.

dave

CW-HAL9000 I don't have any pictures of the sign. If I was able to go to the show I'd take one . It was one I did 5-6 years ago. Maybe someone will take one and post it.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Dan - sign's not up this year.

Been having a blast - voice is gone - Connie, please get us a headset and speaker.

You never know who's gonna come by. I met two fellows yesterday who own machines 20 and 21 they bought from Chris Lovcik back when he was running the show circuit.

Here's a pic of a suspect that stopped by Friday (Smoken D).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00020.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	67918
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Don't carve that photo Jerry, finally something that would break the CarveWright Glad I went Friday, right now 6 degrees with ice balls coming down over 1/4" of ice on the roadway. We were to get 12" of the white stuff, still waiting. Time to carve some Spring out of the machine. WoW, what a winter it has been. Missouri weather, to be 60 by Friday.

Jerry and everyone The Lees Summit Woodworkers Guild will not be there today due to incleament weather. Basically several inches of sleet and more to come. I'm sure the show will go on , so get out there and see Jerry at the Carvewright booth.
    Hey Smoken D ,good to see your mug there. Did you come near Holden on your way through or do you take a different rout?
    Jerry, is it the number after the period that tell the number of your machine?

I brought a friend that does a little wood work and had never been to the show. He had a great time but I spent the most. Did go back on 7 Hwy and told him you lived up there in Holden. Also went to the Lees Summit booth and was looking at a turning when I heard a voice saying, "What do you think of it"? Sounded familiar, looked up and was my VA Doctor, Dr. Dale Chapman ( 6' 9"). Another long visit, did not see you there at the time.

Smoken D, I was scheduled to work at the booth this morning but that got canceled. I hear too that there charging $5.00 to park this year. What's the world coming to? New owners last year, moved it to American Royal building, that's a mistake also.

Dan with the loss of so many vendors I understand why they moved and that is KC for you. Anyway to make more money for $5 a car. The O.P. show was great but know they had to pay for the building, not by space like K.C. is set up. Been so many years since I was down there forgot how to get there and the road signs were of no help. But was a nice show, not a great one.

Hi Jerry,

Sorry you ran into the weather we're all watching sweep across. We're enjoying 89 degrees here in ATL today as you and the East get slammed again. One can only hope the weather and crowds will be better in Atlanta the weekend of the 7-9 March. Any sales or at least prospects there in KC?

Is the machine with the booth equipment in good condition and ready to go as you pack it all up today? Do I need to bring any extra parts/pieces (rope baling wire duct tape) besides the jig and carving wood? If you just come away horse and all fingers intact then you are doing well Sir.

Connie,

Can you send the sales forms and price sheet PDFs tomorrow as we discussed so I have time to personalize and print before Friday. Thanks and I'll call you about the part we discussed last week. Looking forward to the Atlanta WWS this week.
    Last edited by Capt Bruce; 03-02-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12