Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Breaking bits

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    You will be told for safety sakes to leave them alone but I bypassed the two cover switches in the first month I owned my first machine. I just push stop if I want to stop the machine. Anyone who opens the cover and sticks their hands in while it is running deserves the ouch they will get. LOL.
    Respectfully, It's your machine and your fingers. Just beware that you are putting all your trust in the C1 Cap and Q1 transistor never failing when you change bits with the right switch bypassed. See my 2008 post links in my other posting. Bumping the machine in 2008 caused the Cut Motor to turn on like the act of changing a bit.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The manual states that "At any point during operation the CarveWright machine can be stopped by pressing the STOP key or by lifting the cover." so people are going to use one of those two options. Considering if you accidently press the STOP key twice you will abort your project I think people tend to use the cover instead as I used to.

While there are several different opinions on how this cover safety mechanism works all agree that you should not rely on it functioning properly. That indicates a problem;
    a design issue, be it hardware or software, that should be addressed. Perhaps someone will take notice and look in to it.

Interesting. Hard to believe no one makes a UL approved sealed switch.

I typically use the "push the stop" method.. but I will admit I have been burned several times by either my finger bouncing slightly or the button bouncing and aborting.... thats never fun.
    Doug Fletcher

I panicked one time and hit stop twice. Lifted lid after that, but now know not to. We all are still learning.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345