Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Conforming Vector Logo not working

Okay, I tried to recreate an example by exporting text as vectors in Corel Draw and then importing the vector file into the Designer 2.004. The Designer crashed AT LEAST a dozen times in various places during the creation. Most of the time it crashed when trying to assign a bit to the vectors after placing the vectors in a carve region. A couple of times it crashed during the import. Again it crashed a couple of times when copying and pasting the vector group. To say the least, it was very frustrating. I don't think Brian has a problem with his software. I think we all do. Attached is the example that I created with much persistence and tenacity. I will try to carve it tomorrow.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    From the pictures it looks like it came out okay.
    I agree... it is definately carving deeper than the dimension you have set, but you can tell the the depth is changing in each of your three carves. Notice how much "skinnier" the actual F is at .018 as compared to .045.
    Doug Fletcher

To find out if it is a problem with 2.x, try the conforming vectors carving in version 1.187. Floyd would have to send the pattern in 1.187 to you.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

More research and testing:
    I built this example in version 1.187. Everything went smooth and as planned. No crashes. Next, I will try to carve both versions (1.187 and 2.004). At this point I am inclined to believe it is Designer 2.004 that has the problem. I'll be back after the test carves.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

I thought it worked ok for Floyd but not for Brian. Same 2.004 software. It seems that it is Brian's machine, not the software.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I thought it worked ok for Floyd but not for Brian. Same 2.004 software. It seems that it is Brian's machine, not the software.
    At this point I based my opinion only on the Designer crashes when trying to build the project. The crashes can be limited somewhat by not selecting the group, just the vectors in the group and then assigning a bit and depth. There were crashes in other areas though. I am carving some examples as we speak. When they are completed I will post the results.
    Steve

I understand that Metallus contacted him. I do not yet know what was discussed.

Steve....how many favorites folders do you have in 2.004?

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I understand that Metallus contacted him. I do not yet know what was discussed.

Steve....how many favorites folders do you have in 2.004?

Connie
    We've had this discussion before. I have 13 folders each with 2 or 3 patterns in them. It is difficult to determine how large the favorites.mpn file really is as it always indicates 108 kb in the windows file explorer even after deleting and cleaning it up.
    Steve

Okay, I deleted my favorites.mpn file so the Designer would create a new one on the next start. I had the same results after importing a DXF file, selecting the group and it's contents, and trying to assign a bit and depth. Crashes every time. I might add, I didn't have the same problem in 1.187.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    We've had this discussion before. I have 13 folders each with 2 or 3 patterns in them. It is difficult to determine how large the favorites.mpn file really is as it always indicates 108 kb in the windows file explorer even after deleting and cleaning it up.
    13 favorites folders is why you keep crashing.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast