Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z-Axis Error E06-0324

Do you have a spare carving bit? If so, try using it instead. Also, compare the lengths from the adapter to the end of the bit. I had a carving bit slip in the adapter once.
    Steve

There have been problems reported using the CT bits with the Rock Chuck. You might try using a Rock bit if you have one. This will allow you to progressively shorten the effective length for testing.
    Steve

Don't buy the CT bits or upgrade the software " unless you like to take a blow torch to your bits to move the slug." Also they removed the z index short cut that saves hrs of work without any official statement from LHR. Merry Xmas.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 02-22-2014 at 02:12 PM.

I'm using the Rock Chuck, is a C version machine, with only about 45 hours on it.
    A "C" Machine with a Rock?

If you own a rock or you use the one bit to index them all DO NOT UPGRADE the software.

sorry, still new but I think my terminology was off. I'm using the chuck that is NOT the quick connect it's the one you have to use the Hex wrench to tighten the bit in, and the bits with the built in non removable collet on the bit. Sorry for the confusion. That's the standard with the C version machines. Tested another new 1/16" bit and still the same issue. Open to other suggestion, this is very frustrating.

Ok, just for kicks I re-uploaded the program from my other computer and this time is seems to be measuring correctly. Does anyone think it's possible that the software on the other computer could be corrupted when uploading the file? Didn't notice any anomalies with the software when using it on the computer. Seems very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by drose01 View Post
    Ok, just for kicks I re-uploaded the program from my other computer and this time is seems to be measuring correctly. Does anyone think it's possible that the software on the other computer could be corrupted when uploading the file? Didn't notice any anomalies with the software when using it on the computer. Seems very odd.
    The firmware on the memory card may be corrupt. Try re-flashing the firmware (machine control logic)
    Steve

You said when it measures the depth, it goes down too far? What do you mean too far? How think is your board?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thick, is what I meant.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast