Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Z-Axis Error E06-0324

Default Z-Axis Error E06-0324

Haven't used the machine in about 10 days. Not all of a sudden when I load a board I'm getting a Z-Axis error 06-0324, when it tried to measure the 1/16 carving bit. Everything goes good up until then as it appears when the Z-axis goes down to measure depth it's going down too far and then when it goes to the other end to touch the bit plate it goes down really fast and that when I get the stall as it's hitting the bit plate too hard on the first try. If the 90degree bit is in all works fine, until I have to change bits and put in the 1/16" bit. I've made sure that my board thickness is exact entered correctly and it is. Not sure if this is something that may be causing it but last time I made a carve, my wife took it out of the machine but cranked it up when the lock handle was still in the lock position. She said she thought it was a little hard to crank up but it seems like it's going up and down fine now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by drose01 View Post
    Haven't used the machine in about 10 days. Not all of a sudden when I load a board I'm getting a Z-Axis error 06-0324, when it tried to measure the 1/16 carving bit. Everything goes good up until then as it appears when the Z-axis goes down to measure depth it's going down too far and then when it goes to the other end to touch the bit plate it goes down really fast and that when I get the stall as it's hitting the bit plate too hard on the first try. If the 90degree bit is in all works fine, until I have to change bits and put in the 1/16" bit. I've made sure that my board thickness is exact entered correctly and it is. Not sure if this is something that may be causing it but last time I made a carve, my wife took it out of the machine but cranked it up when the lock handle was still in the lock position. She said she thought it was a little hard to crank up but it seems like it's going up and down fine now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like the bit is too long. If you're using the QC or the Rock chuck slide the bit up into the chuck a little.
    Steve

I'm using the Rock Chuck, is a C version machine, with only about 45 hours on it. Almost seems like a calibration issue, and I've gone into the options and reset the calibration. Still same thing. I have the bit up all the way and it's only the standard 1/16" bit

Quote Originally Posted by drose01 View Post
    I'm using the Rock Chuck, is a C version machine, with only about 45 hours on it. Almost seems like a calibration issue, and I've gone into the options and reset the calibration. Still same thing. I have the bit up all the way and it's only the standard 1/16" bit
    Try reformatting the memory card and upload the project again.
    Steve

What version of Designer are you using... The machine is tuned for the Carve Tite bit length... Put one in a Rock and the machine goes "TILT".... You just need to get the bit to match what LHR wants as in the length of a CT Bit in a CT Chuck... You can have ANY length you want.... As long as it matches what LHR tells the computer it should be... Like in Soviet Russia in the early 70's... You can have any color car as long as it is BLACK.... just kidding...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Sounds to me like you upgraded to 2.004 and your carving bit is longer than the new firmware expects. Are you using a carving bit with a CT adapter?

I've reformatted the card and reinstalled the project still the same thing.

I've been using 2.004 ever since I got the machine, really haven't done anything different since day one, same software, standard wood, cleaned the opticals even same bits, but all of a sudden it just started doing this, the thing different was the way my wife raised it up, other bits (at least the 90 degree bit) work only (so far) stalling on the 1/16 bit and the bit seems to be in perfect shape not breaks from the tip at all. Any other ideas, that can cause this issue.

Are you using CT adapter carving bits with the Rock?

yes, everything I have was purchased directly from Carvewright in December

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast