Thread: blow port deflecter

1. Default blow port deflecter

ive been carving a couple months now and having a blast.i decided to upgrade my b machine z truck assemble with carve tight assembly.also had to fix a rolled sandpaper traction belt,when fixing the belt i found the part called the blow port deflecter,number 55, under sandpaper belts .ive looked in the expanded parts service diagram -- head assemembly top (asm4)--but cant really figure out where it goes.anybody have a picture or can help.thanks mike

Quote Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
    ive been carving a couple months now and having a blast.i decided to upgrade my b machine z truck assemble with carve tight assembly.also had to fix a rolled sandpaper traction belt,when fixing the belt i found the part called the blow port deflecter,number 55, under sandpaper belts .ive looked in the expanded parts service diagram -- head assemembly top (asm4)--but cant really figure out where it goes.anybody have a picture or can help.thanks mike
    On the left inside of the cover there is a tube that goes down to almost board level when the head is all the way down. There is a deflector that is actually clipped on the body that fits on the tube. It is supposed to blow excess sawdust away from the board surface. The part you found is probably this part. Sometimes it falls off when you remove the cover. Show us a picture if you can
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blow Port Deflector2.jpg   Blow Port Deflector1.jpg  
    Steve

3. Default

It is on the left side of the machine. clips on the lower half. circled in red. P.S. Yes my machine is dirty, paused carve to take picture for this post. LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1783.JPG  

I've been wondering for weeks where this piece came from. Mine came out in the vacuum during cleaning and could not find a place where it looked like it fit. Never know what bit of info you'll find here.

5. Default

thanks that was it.got it back on and ready for more fun.what a great forum