Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: placement of # on clock

Default placement of # on clock

I seen Floyd's pheasant clock and thought I would try the number placement on a clock blank pattern that I down loaded awhile back, I'm using the new and approved 2.004 I've managed to get the numbers to follow a circle but the numbers are to big and it starts at about the 4 o'clock position I don't know how to get the #1 in the right place and the right size. SO here I go with ? again ...thanks guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aokweld101; 02-22-2014 at 06:09 AM.

Sorry I can not help you. I am not using 2.x
    But place each number on the clock as individual text. Rotate and size them. This should fix your problem from what I read.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, I was thinking that the new and improved software would do the text all around the clock I was probably over thinking again....lol

been playing with this pattern I have a 9 hour clock maybe someone can help me with this .....

Use an arc.

Thanks once again Dan, The arc got me started but I can use a circle..... instead of using the conform button just use the regular text button and put the numbers in one by one.... or by the time you get to the bottom there upside down ....

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I seen Floyd's pheasant clock and thought I would try the number placement on a clock blank pattern that I down loaded awhile back, I'm using the new and approved 2.004 I've managed to get the numbers to follow a circle but the numbers are to big and it starts at about the 4 o'clock position I don't know how to get the #1 in the right place and the right size. SO here I go with ? again ...thanks guys
    I usually place the numbers on the board individually and rotate them. If you have a 3rd party program such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator you can draw a 9 sided polygon, export it as a DXF and import it into Designer. Use the points to align the numbers.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I usually place the numbers on the board individually and rotate them. If you have a 3rd party program such as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator you can draw a 9 sided polygon, export it as a DXF and import it into Designer. Use the points to align the numbers.
    I'm not questioning your way of attacking this but the numbers don't line up the 3 and 9 wouldn't line up at the 90 or 270 degree mark..

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I'm not questioning your way of attacking this but the numbers don't line up the 3 and 9 wouldn't line up at the 90 or 270 degree mark..
    Maybe I'm not understanding what you want. 360/9 = 40. Each point is 40 degrees apart so each number should be rotated 40 degrees. If the numbers are equally spaced, there will never be a number lined up with the 90 degree mark and the 270 degree mark.
    Steve

This is a better way of showing what I meant, if you were to use the polygon and use the points you would have a nine hr. clock. the days aren't long enough at 12......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast