Thread: Sizing

Default Sizing

When I am putting something on the layout board it looks like it takes up the whole board but when I got to carve it it comes out small is there a way to tell the actual size of what I put on?

You're likely scaling the project because you're telling the machine to stay under the rollers. Search the4 "7" rule".
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

Quote Originally Posted by jpshogs View Post
    When I am putting something on the layout board it looks like it takes up the whole board but when I got to carve it it comes out small is there a way to tell the actual size of what I put on?
    You may find it helpful to read the following Tips & Tricks regarding scaling...

ISSUE 18 March 2009 – Scaling and How to Avoid It!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

when you click on the pattern it will give you the dimensions at the top of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    You may find it helpful to read the following Tips & Tricks regarding scaling...

ISSUE 18 March 2009 – Scaling and How to Avoid It!
    I figured it out, I was looking at the yellow numbers thinking that was the size, the actual size shows up at the bottom left hand corner DUH

I figured it out, I was looking at the yellow numbers instead of the actual size down in the bottom left hand corner, DUH!