Thread: x problem

Default x problem

B carvewright, checked board sensor 0/87/0 checked out OK, took out cleaned and reinstalled tracking sensor (sensor checked OK), calibrated x axis was .25 long now within .032, belts are OK no overlap, head pressure OK
    The Problem started by carving a 4 hour project looked good but when cutout the cutout was right size but the carving was short. Then ran 6 good 4 hour pieces then started to carve 2" short. The board on all three machines starts cutting at 6" from end of board but this one now is starting at 10" making the carve short. I use masking tape on all boards, no for under rollers and center on board this gives me 6" from each end after carving. This after noon I set it up to carve same but used jog to position putting it at 6". The first carving of the set came out OK the second one was 1" short but was cut out short making it a useable part. The carving is a set of scrolls L & R both cut from same board. I have cut 26 sets so far out of 120 but my B is starting to give me fits.
    Thanks Richard
    Richard

If it is a job to go to work, learn something new. Life is to short to waste it on something you don't love.

Just to clarify what all you checked: Did you format and reload the project on the card to see if there was a problem there?
    Is the project board long enough to require added support?
    Is the head pressure adequate?
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Did you take the tracking sensor apart and look at the encoder disc? Have you looked at the x gears?

Thanks for the reply's. The boards are 48" long, the head pressure is OK, I have reformatted the card and only loaded that project on it. Tomorrow I am going to put new belts on it at that time I will check the x gears and take apart the tracking sensor cleaning the encoder disk. The other two machines are running the parts with no problems using the same size boards and design.
    Richard

If it is a job to go to work, learn something new. Life is to short to waste it on something you don't love.

Are you using anything to support the four-foot board beyond the support rollers on the machine?
    What you describe would be consistent with the board lifting off the brass roller.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

no support, this morning I will I will try supporting after the belt change
    Richard

Yes - do support the boards - recommended for any board over 36 inches. I use supports for anything over 30 inches.

When a long board is not supported, it can hang up or slip, throwing off the board tracking for the carve. When will it occur? Well it's kind of like rolling dice, somethings you get the result you want and others times you don't.
    Last edited by chief2007; 02-21-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Changed the belts, checked the X encoder didn't see any dust but blew it out anyway. Just finished a perfect cut.
    Thanks Alot
    Richard