Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Downloading pattern catalogue

I don't see your link

55 patterns in one day?????? Thanks for sharing.

Your chip boxes cannot be downloaded, bad link

So your patterns came from the forum. I see a couple of patterns that I created, but with the notice that they were posted to the forum here and not to be resold that I had put on them removed. Can you explain your intent for your website a little more?

dave

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    Man you might be opening a firestorm if the patterns are from the forum. I thought about doing it sometime back and found out someone else had done it and it caused a lot of fuss. Someone else is selling patterns on ebay or used to be and they were from this forum and it also caused all kinds of issues.
    No firestorm was intended. I will never sell patterns on the site. I think the guy that is selling on EBAY is wrong...VERY WRONG! I have posted almost a hundred patterns in the last week that I have done. I try to make twenty patterns a day that are free to use by anyone. the site is not to make money... it is to share...freely share... and that is what it will stay. I hope everyone learns that it is there to prevent the EBAY type of activity that has occurred in the past. If the pattern is free on http://www.carveshare.com it will be hard to sell on EBAY.
    I hope everyone learns to enjoy the site.

Quote Originally Posted by mormar3830 View Post
    No firestorm was intended. I will never sell patterns on the site. I think the guy that is selling on EBAY is wrong...VERY WRONG! I have posted almost a hundred patterns in the last week that I have done. I try to make twenty patterns a day that are free to use by anyone. the site is not to make money... it is to share...freely share... and that is what it will stay. I hope everyone learns that it is there to prevent the EBAY type of activity that has occurred in the past. If the pattern is free on http://www.carveshare.com it will be hard to sell on EBAY.
    Welcome back Mormar3830! As you have probably seen you have gotten a little feedback on your free pattern site. Us skeptics about your intent is do to a long history of finding our patterns being found on other sites without our permission not to mention being sold on Ebay. It is also driven some what that the only posts you have made so far is about your site. Some have even questioned if you even have a CarveWright.
    How about a little history about yourself to introduce you to us?

I would like to also add that your site is in fact well organized and looks like you have put some good hours into it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Pattern catalogue

I'd like to address the original question with a question of my own. With over 7000 patterns on the CW pattern share forum and I have no idea how many on the Pattern Depot, is there an organized catalogue, or registry tree, or some way to search and find what you are looking for in this collectively huge library without having to click through every friggin' page! When I have time it is fun to browse but sometimes I find something that I don't know I'll need until later and then I can't find it again.

The Pattern Sharing Thread is here: http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.ph...chments&t=2046

There are about 3100 attachments. The best way to search is by going to the FIND feature (Ctrl-F) on my browser and typing a keyword.

The Pattern Depot has over 7,000. http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=295

They are sorted by category and the search feature usually works, so long as the keyword is more than three letters. (don't add an s to the end of the keyword)
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

9. Default I have changed the landing page.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Welcome back Mormar3830! As you have probably seen you have gotten a little feedback on your free pattern site. Us skeptics about your intent is do to a long history of finding our patterns being found on other sites without our permission not to mention being sold on Ebay. It is also driven some what that the only posts you have made so far is about your site. Some have even questioned if you even have a CarveWright.
    How about a little history about yourself to introduce you to us?

I would like to also add that your site is in fact well organized and looks like you have put some good hours into it.
    Thanks. it has taken some time and thought. I am attempting to address some of the comments and questions. The landing page has changed. Click on the Carvewright Pattern Credit Link. You will see how the random patterns are starting to take some order and giving credit to the artist who created them.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mormar3830 View Post

The patterns were available for free on this forum all someone had to do was sign up and it is free yet the sellers on ebay continue to sell with no problem whatso ever. I also feel that you should have asked permission before starting your website rather than just doing it and announcing it here. These were not really your patterns to do with as you wish. I am not a frequent pattern contributer here so maybe I have no cause to speak but I do have an opinion. Although I definitely see one pattern I made at the suggestion of another forum member.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast