Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New CarveWright CX

When you say quite cutmotor, how much quieter?
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

There is a difference between saying it is "quiet" and saying it is "quieter". It is still a machine cutting into some form of medium, but it is quieter than it used to be. It is still loud (but that's a different word up for definition).

My new dishwasher is not only quiet, it is quieter than my last. (Except for when it was broken. Then it was REALLY quiet, not just sorta quiet.) My new dishwasher is SOO quiet that sometimes I have to walk into the kitchen to see if I actually remembered to turn it on. The new cut motor is not that quiet.

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by papawbummie View Post
    What is the Servo Smart on the new machine .Is it on the old machine also but is updated and what does it do . Thanks Bert

For marketing reasons, we have branded our controller ServoSmart(tm). It indicates that it is a servo (instead of stepper) and a closed loop system that will allow the machine to tell you where there is an issue. It is also smart enough in most instances to stop when it encounters an issue and before damaging expensive parts. I have been referring to it as a looped intelligence, LHR decided to name it, so now it is called ServoSmart.

If I started something I apologize. I work around loud helicopters all day. They are loud. My post was I run my machines in my garage and they can slightly be heard in my house. We are all used to it by now. Just seeing what the difference was so maybe I could relate to the advantage of a quieter motor. Throughout the years I have dealt a lot with hearing conversation and definitely realize it isn't going to be able to be slept next too. Not a big deal. Was just curious.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

OK...so there is hopefully a little less confusion & repetition, I have combined the two threads about the new CX.

unitedcases...no apology required, it is a legitimate question...I just don't have any hard data to give at this point.

It's woodworking !!!!!!! It's suppose to be noisy !!!! Every wood shop has HEARING and EYE protection,,, not because it's quiet and chips aren't flying !!!!
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Ok. I still don't have numbers, but yesterday evening I walked out into the shop and just stopped and looked for the machine that was running. I had to ask..."OK, is that running the new cut motor?" I knew it had to be, because it wasn't that high pitched noise. Will try to get numbers and hopefully a video showing the sound difference of the two.

Connie,

If you don't have a Decibel Meter (Radio Shack has them), there are Apps for the iPhone that do a pretty good job. I have one called Decibel.

If I recall, before I built my Sound Proof Room for the machines, the current Machine with CarveTight is well above 100 db.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    It's woodworking !!!!!!! It's suppose to be noisy !!!! Every wood shop has HEARING and EYE protection,,, not because it's quiet and chips aren't flying !!!!
    Try convincing my wife of that after several hours of the carving machine droning on in the garage. Knocking noise down 3dB or 6dB means more carving time for me and for that I might be willing to pay a nominal fee for an upgrade. If it was just me I have nice comfy ear muffs and could care less about annoying the neighbors a little.

Quote Originally Posted by gapdev View Post
    Connie,

If you don't have a Decibel Meter (Radio Shack has them), there are Apps for the iPhone that do a pretty good job. I have one called Decibel.

If I recall, before I built my Sound Proof Room for the machines, the current Machine with CarveTight is well above 100 db.

Kenny
    I'm told we have one, but that it will be next week before they can measure it and take a video.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast