Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you make Vector patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by Rbacak View Post
    Thanks Dick..... I downloaded the TypeTool3 just fine but there is an issue on their end for Scanfont5. And the online manual web page is missing.. I'm referring to the Mac version....

Did you ever get the WINE version of ScanFont5? I found in while cleaning out my download file and can post it for you... it's 75MB so it will have to go to my dropbox account for you to grab it. PM me if you want it.
    Custom Cabinets built with the help of my Carvewright - Custom Dart Cabinets

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I posted this earlier but here it is again.

I use free versions of Scanfont 5 and TypeTool3 from fontlab.com. The free version overlays their logo on half of the glyphs, but to work around I just copy and past to several character locations and use one of the clean characters.

1. Convert image to black and white bitmap.
    2. Launch Scanfont 5.
    3. Tools - Options - Outline font editor, check Export outline font into VFB file.
    4. Open the image.
    5. Export. Select a file name.
    6. Launch TypeTool3.
    7. Select File - New.
    8. Open the VFB file.
    9. Copy and paste the glyph to several character positions. (Left click on the new glyph, the right click and select Copy. Left click on character A, then right click and select Paste. Repeat for B etc.)
    10. File - Info - Names and copyright. Enter a name. Select Style name - regular. Press Build Names. Select File - Generate font.
    11. Install the font.
    12. Run Designer and use the newly-created font.

More info here: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_May09.pdf
    I've downloaded Scanfont and TypeTool3. I was happy to see there were no problems with Windows 8 and have been able to successfully convert several images to fonts and place in a project. I have however run into a couple of images that when I try to increase the size of the font character to a size that is legible the images disappears in designer. This rose I was able to successfully stretch to about 7x7".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2014-12-23 21.55.10.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	442.8 KB 
ID:	73561
    However when I create this lilly I can only stretch it to just under 2x2" or the image disappears in designer. Is this image to large or detailed to work using this process? Any suggestions on different settings to make it work?

Name:	Screenshot 2014-12-23 21.56.39.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	73562

Thanks,

Frederick

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    I've downloaded Scanfont and TypeTool3. I was happy to see there were no problems with Windows 8 and have been able to successfully convert several images to fonts and place in a project. I have however run into a couple of images that when I try to increase the size of the font character to a size that is legible the images disappears in designer. This rose I was able to successfully stretch to about 7x7".

Name:	Screenshot 2014-12-23 21.55.10.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	442.8 KB 
ID:	73561
    However when I create this lilly I can only stretch it to just under 2x2" or the image disappears in designer. Is this image to large or detailed to work using this process? Any suggestions on different settings to make it work?

Name:	Screenshot 2014-12-23 21.56.39.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	73562

Thanks,

Frederick
    That image worked with my High-Logic Font Creator, If the image that you load in the font creator is very large - that can happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plants 2 Font.PNG   Plants 2 Font.JPG   plants 34.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    That image worked with my High-Logic Font Creator, If the image that you load in the font creator is very large - that can happen.
    Thank you very much. I'll play around with changing sizes and resolution on my images and see if that gets around it. I'm guessing that it's not a limitation of the software but just what I'm giving it. At least I now know that it doesn't have anything to do with the characteristics of the picture.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234