Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with sign sizing

Quote Originally Posted by peep View Post
    If you see the original, I just want that. But it contains only part of some patterns. If I go to spread it out over two boards, I get the rest of the pattern showing up. Is their a way to cut off the rest of the pattern that is not needed so when I enlarge the whole thing the sun and the village does not add its unused portions?

Am I making scene
    So your saying you want the large (2 piece carving) to look like this stretched out over 2 boards?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zen.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Sorry, steped out. I want only part of the sun. Not the botten half
    but thanks for the try
    Can you not just cover what you do not want with a carve region at 0.00?

yes, fwharris. can not 0.00 if its not on the board
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

yes, fwharris. can not 0.00 if its not on the board
    If it is not on the board, who cares?

Well what a confusing topic. When its enlarged (yellow dots either side of sign) it does not enlarge easy. areas that are not to be displayed, become visable. I guess I will just have to build it the old fashion way of counting grid lines.

Anyone have experance using 1/8 and 3/16 carving bits? For a sign are they alright?
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Well what a confusing topic. When its enlarged (yellow dots either side of sign) it does not enlarge easy. areas that are not to be displayed, become visable. I guess I will just have to build it the old fashion way of counting grid lines.

Anyone have experance using 1/8 and 3/16 carving bits? For a sign are they alright?
    You might try Dan's suggestion with the carve regions. I see what you want and trying to get it that way over 2 boards will take some work for sure.

The 1/8" bit is only recommended for soft materials as per LHR. The 3/16" bit does a great job if you do not have a lot of detail. Only way to tell is to change the pattern bit in the board settings and see what the change in detail gives you.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I think it is now possible in 2.004 to use the 1/8" carving bit for other than foam. You can choose the 1/8" long ball nose as the pattern bit and just use the regular 1/8" ball nose bit. It will slow down and work for wood.

Is this what you are trying to do?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default 1/8" Bits Defined

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think it is now possible in 2.004 to use the 1/8" carving bit for other than foam. You can choose the 1/8" long ball nose as the pattern bit and just use the regular 1/8" ball nose bit. It will slow down and work for wood.

I know it is getting confusing, but here it goes:

BCT125P or A - 1/8" Cutting bit is the standard bit for cut paths.

BCR125P (CT only) - 1/8" Carving bit is for foam, balsa or basswood. (any version)

LBCR125 (CT only) - 1/8" Long carving bit is for any wood (new bit available in 2.004)

BCR125CO2 (CT only) - 1/8" carving bit for the CO2 Dragster series jig only. [Same as 1/8" carving (only balsa or basswood dragster blanks), but different placement of adapter.]

P=CarveTight Adapter
    A=Quick Change Chuck
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12