Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probe stuck closed

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    This picture shows the Very OLD Z Truck with the Circuit Board. The A907 removes the use of that board.

Since you have the OLD 18 pin FSC then your Probe Selection should be "Truck" as in the jack on the side of the truck.

Just a Public Service Anouncement.. IF you ever plug a new 14 pin FSC Cable into the old 18 pin Sockets, the wider pins of the 14 pin FSC Cable will short out the narrower plug pins... It will be an expensive fix... Usually burns out the Computer and the Power Supply.... They no longer sell the 18 pin cable... The only repair option is the A907 Kit... 14 pin cable and both circuit boards for each end...

Don't see many old 18 pin systems... And LHR should ASK if you ever order a FSC Cable PART... "Do you have the old 18 pin FSC Cable?"

AL
    Thanks, plugged it into the z truck this morning and changed the setting to truck and it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    Does that mean I received a sub-standard casting when I purchased my "NEW" carvetight spindle? Kind of sounds like I did.

Frederick
    The Trucks with the holes for the Circuit Board Stuff are fine to use, I have never broken one. If the CT Truck has the holes, look at the bottom right rail bearing hole area. If it has a thinner casting then it normally would get a black washer. The Black Washer works great, it takes the "Wedge Effect" away from the casting as that is what caused them to fail. And it is possible that different versions of the truck with the holes had been made. I had one of the earliest "A" units...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06284_WEB.jpg   DSC08344_WEB.jpg   DSC08526_WEB.jpg   DSC03586_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Mine came with the black washer. I was wondering what it was for and now I know. Seemed a bit odd not knowing the purpose. Thanks Al.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12