Thread: use of entire board

Default use of entire board

Ok I have been carving some nice patterns and cutouts using sleds now I want to carve on an entire piece of wood say my piece is 12 inches long by 7 inches wide I am assuming that I need to add extra width as well as extra length how much do I add for width. And 1 more question say I want to carve a piece of wood that is 11 1/4 x11 1/4 and my sled is 24inches long by 11 1/4 wide can I use this sled or do I need to cut the sled down to 18 1/4 giving me that 7 inches that is needed for length

For me I try to have at least 1/2" on each side. This will give the compression roller enough board to maintain contact.

You can use your existing sled. Does it already have end blocks?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes my end blocks are 3 1/2 inches wide so I can use a longer sled but obviously move one end block in I was concerned that when the machine was measuring the board it was measuring the sled as well

What others have done is tape two rails (7" longer than the board) to the sides and 3.5" tails to each end between the rails.

ok got it I also found some info on tips and tricks thanks everybody for the help