Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I tried but I need help

Default I tried but I need help

I really could use some help if someone is willing.
    I am trying to make a gift for the skipper of the sailboat that I crew on. I have created a pattern to carve out of wood and I think it would look nice but I would really like to add a special twist to it.
    I would like to carve a "window" for the sailboat drawing and then use lexan for the that drawing. Then mount it in the plaque from the back.
    I bought "Pattern Editor" this week so I could clean up the drawing. I inverted the drawing but when I tried to clean it up I just cant seem to get it right. I haven't even gotten to doing my first cutout and trying to make an inset in the back for the lexan insert.
    I'd really appreciate any help on this I've been messing with it for a while not and getting anywhere.

If you could post the drawing maybe someone can help you out...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I've never attached any mpc file to a post, don't know how.

Silver foot,

i think it is just a simple matter of going entering the 'Go advanced' area, when replying to a post. There, you will find the 'Manage Attachments' button, which will allow you to attach a file. As long as you have the concerned file saved to a known location on your computer, you should be good to go. If I am wrong about this someone else will, more than likely, offer a corrected explanation of the process.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    I've never attached any mpc file to a post, don't know how.
    Click on the "Reply" or the "Reply With Quote" button in the lower right corner
    Click on "Go Advanced"
    Scroll down a little and click on "Manage Attachments"
    Click on "Add Files" and then click on "Browse"
    Navigate to the folder where the file you want to attach is located and select it by clicking on it and then click on "Open"
    Click on "Upload file"
    After the file is uploaded click on "Done"
    Type your text message and click on "Submit Reply"
    Steve

Hopefully the file will be attached when I post this. Everytime I tried to attach it windows shut down and restarted.
    If is is here, What I wanted to do was replace the carved region of the sail boat with a piece of lexan inserted from the back. I thought that the sailboat outline carved into the lexan would look pretty cool. But I would like to clean up the pattern somewhat to make it more "crisp".
    I think then I can create a cutout in that area and then carve a recess, all from the back.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would carve the board as you have it now but eliminate the sailboat. Then separately carve the sailboat onto a piece of lexan. Then knock out the cutout on the board, cut the sailboat out of he lexan, making it a little oversize to allow for sanding to fit, and then glue it in the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Hopefully the file will be attached when I post this. Everytime I tried to attach it windows shut down and restarted.
    If is is here, What I wanted to do was replace the carved region of the sail boat with a piece of lexan inserted from the back. I thought that the sailboat outline carved into the lexan would look pretty cool. But I would like to clean up the pattern somewhat to make it more "crisp".
    I think then I can create a cutout in that area and then carve a recess, all from the back.
    I think this is what you had in mind. If it is I can explain how I did it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Steve are you using 2.0? I can't open it. It says it was done in a newer version and I should check for updates.

I also posted a 1.187 version in the original reply (late edit).
    Steve

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast