Thread: Trouble with importing JPG

1. Default Trouble with importing JPG

I've been observing the forum from afar for a while, I don't have much experience with the CarveWright or the Design Software, so if there is something simple please feel free to say "look here stupid" I won't have my feelings hurt.

I have a buddy that has helped me out in a time of need and would like to help him out with a sign. Seems simple enough. He has a pretty simple design for his company, so far the only way I can get it is off of Facebook. He's ok with me using it, so we don't have to worry about him being mad. When I import the image into Design, there is a bunch of "Pitting" in the carve. I took the image into photoshop and zoomed in, 700%. At that level I'm able to see that it is not a crisp BLACK or WHITE image, there are a lot of gray/dirty pixels.

Is there an easy way to crisp up the image that will make a good carve, with out going pixel by pixel? I'm sure that there is some software or a company that can do it. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it.

I can provide the image, but again, I want to be able to fix it, not have someone do it for me.

I have added a picture of the "pitted" K to explain what I'm talking about.

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pitted K.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	67302

Welcome to the forum. The first thing to try is bit optimization - best (under the carving menu).

It may be difficult to resolve without software that lets you manipulate pixel by pixel. Our Pattern Editor software (comes with probe) will let you do this.

The other option is to get your friend to give you a HIGH resolution image of the logo.

Images loaded onto the internet are usually a low resolution. It a) helps the page load more quickly and b) our eyes do not require that high a resolution. I call it "Trash in will be trash out". In other words, if you bring a low resolution image (trash) into the software, you will get a low quality carve (trash) from the machine, because it will carve exactly what you give it.

The other thing is, if it is just text, you can ask him what font he is using and download that font from the web and use the TEXT TOOL in Designer. You may already have the font as that K looks familiar.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Welcome to the forum best place to be
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Steve,

Take it into photoshop and make it all one color. Use the dropper tool to select the color you want and the the paint bucket to fill the area. Like Connie is saying it is a low res image and has a lot of junk noise.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

6. Default

Well today was a day out of the house running errands. You have all provided a good bit of knowledge as I knew you guys and gals would. Thank you very much. I will of course post a picture of how it turns out.

Steve