Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dust Shoe Attempt

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Mine was tight. You should have installed the ER20!
    Well don;t know what to tell you , eventually I will for now will use loctite to hold it in place the acrylic might come out ok will try it tomorrow
    Last edited by henry1; 02-03-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

You could tweak the hole smaller on the mpc when you carve another one. Run out of the CT can make the hole bigger. Measure the hole you got with a caliper and make the hole that much smaller.

thank you for the info will do
    Henry

You could tweak the hole smaller on the mpc when you carve another one. Run out of the CT can make the hole bigger. Measure the hole you got with a caliper and make the hole that much smaller.
    this one I believe turn out great , now will do the acrylic one all should be good now what you think bergerud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0288.JPG   100_0289.JPG   100_0291.JPG  
    Henry

Looks good.

Looks good.
    Now just waiting for my flange bearing,, they should be here by Monday
    Henry

OK. I've tried multiple times to get the dust shoe bottom. Some failed due to operator error. Others due to machine accuracy. I had to resort to the alternate alignment method (measuring edges of workpiece, calculating y center, and then manually entering the center coordinates. The attached pictures seem to be about the best my machine can do. I can repeatedly measure the workpiece edge y-coordinates using the method recommended within .001 even after removing and re-inserting my sled. So the sensors seem to be giving repeatable data for y position of the truck. Even so, the machine still has pretty noticeable errors in the x and y, x worse than y which surprised me. The piece fits very snugly in the sled so I know when I flip it it is not moving. When I took out the y-gear box to inspect it seemed to be in good shape. I guess I'll order some new bearings and replace them to see if that helps. However that won't solve the error in x. Any suggestions on what to look for to solve the x-errors? I pretty sure the brass roller is making good contact. I have tape on the bottom and I can see the roller assembly move down when the board presses down on it. My rubber washer is missing (has been for a while) but I've read in other threads that it's not necessary to replace it. Is that accurate or should I get a new one? Checked the sandpaper belts and they look good.

I thought I might be able to get by with the shoe bottom parts inaccurate as they were and made one attempt on the pipes to see if I got lucky. Until I fix the accuracy problem it will be a lost cause trying the rest. I measured the position of the center drill pull hole and it's centered in y to within the accuracy I can measure it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-08 16.28.02.jpg   2014-02-08 16.28.18.jpg   2014-02-08 16.29.03.jpg   2014-02-09 16.55.41.jpg  

Did you flip the piece without removing the sled or did you take the sled out to flip the piece? Leaving the sled in totally solves the x problem for me. As for the y problem, did you find center for each side or just the first side?

Did you flip the piece without removing the sled or did you take the sled out to flip the piece? Leaving the sled in totally solves the x problem for me. As for the y problem, did you find center for each side or just the first side?
    I left the sled in place while flipping the piece. I did it during the "finding surface" routine at project start after selecting jog to position. I did not remeasure the y-coordinates for the second side, only the first. However, given how repeatable the two y board edge measurements have been even after removing the sled I'm guessing that it would account for only a fraction of the error I'm seeing. When I get back to try it again I'll try remeasuring on both sides and see what I get. I have another project where x-accuracy is an issue. I just made a separate post on that one to keep this one from getting too cluttered although I'm guessing that the root cause is affecting both projects.

Thanks,

Frederick

This was two single sided carves, right? A two mpc operation?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast