Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Buying a CW?

Thanks Al, I have been wondering about the 2.0 bit problems with the rock chuck. Thanks for clarifying it.
    -Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jab73180 View Post
    Thanks Al, I have been wondering about the 2.0 bit problems with the rock chuck. Thanks for clarifying it.

As usual my thoughts on the Rock and 2.0 are subject to change as I know others are further ahead with "Actual" knowledge of the use of 2.0 and the Rock.

Some of my advice is "Dated"...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I have the Rock and the Firmware has disabled them completely Don't upgrade to 2.0 stick with 1.187.

I have read the other thread "is 2.0 worth it" or whatever. The problem is just the CT bits in the rock right?
    -Jason

Well they also changed the fact you can't pre load bits.

Quote Originally Posted by jab73180 View Post
    I have read the other thread "is 2.0 worth it" or whatever. The problem is just the CT bits in the rock right?
    I believe that is right. We have heard some stories of CT and QC problems. These are problems, however, specific only to 2.004. These problems should fixed in 2.005. (They are not a reason to not buy 2.0.)

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Well they also changed the fact you can't pre load bits.
    What do you mean pre load bits?
    -Jason

I think pre load bits was where if a project had 3 bits you left the last bit to be checked or the first one that was going to carve and let it measure it in place of the 1st two to save time. Then when it actually needs the other bits you load them and the machine finds the length different and you just say "It's ok... use the new length" and off it went....

This is the first bit checks before carving where the last bit checked actually starts carving. So I believe if you lie to the machine and the machine does not find the requested bit to be the exact CT bit Length the machine goes "Tilt"....

"Tilt" for the younger guys comes from the old Mechanical Pin Ball Machines where a "Shake" Senor in the unit detected you bumping the machine with your hips to influence the 1 inch metal ball to take a desired path. When the machine detected a Shake it would slam a hammer inside the machine frame making a slapping sound and the "Tilt" light would come on and the machine would go dead and your ball would follow gravity and exit the machine play area... Ending that play... "Tilt".... #$&@!@#%^&

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-08-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    and the machine goes "Tilt"....

"Tilt" for the younger guys comes from the old Mechanical Pin Ball Machines where a "Shake" Sensor in the unit detected you bumping the machine with your hips to influence the 1 inch metal ball to take a desired path. When the machine detected a Shake it would slam a hammer inside the machine frame making a slapping sound and the "Tilt" light would come on and the machine would go dead and your ball would follow gravity and exit the machine play area... Ending that play... "Tilt".... #$&@!@#%^&

AL
    Thanks for that quick trip down memory lane Al . . . It has been almost 48 years since I played a pinball machine. What a flood of visual imagery and sounds. I appreciate you activating that gray matter again just like feeding in another quarter.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Why are posts getting deleted?
    -Jason

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast