Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my first couple of projects

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default my first couple of projects

Here are the first couple of items I carved , I really am loving this machine, It does everything but wipe your bottom !!! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mvc_005s_115.jpg   mvc_003s_531.jpg   mvc_002s_616.jpg   mvc_001s_954.jpg  

Default Re: my first couple of projects

Quote Originally Posted by bamaman315
    Here are the first couple of items I carved , I really am loving this machine, It does everything but wipe your bottom !!! LOL
    Then you're not using right...

National Chamions?? Better work with that spell-checker before the final carve next time, bamaman. Otherwise, it looks great!

Gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Ya.... I got me a Shop Clock that way..... Made a 11 x 17 Sublimated full color Plaque Clock with the Nose Art picture from a USAF Transport. Really Cool Eagle with the twin towers reflected in it's eye as it is from a New York base.

I spelled Sergeant wrong as Sargent in Master Sergeant.... Rather than trash it, I hug it to remind me to spell check before printing.

My Corel Draw 12 saw Sargent as correct.... put it in AOL write a eMail and it shows as miss spelled. Looked on the web and found it both ways....

AL

edit add

Back in my Navy days riding a Tin Can out of Norfolk, VA we had a big inspection the next morning and someone noticed that when the sailors painted the Missile Ammo Magazine doors they removed the red plastic warning signs and they were lost. We were in a panic.... Then I remembered my Brother was a MR2 or Machinery Repairman Second Class on a Sub Tender 2 piers over. And he had duty that night. So off I go with my sign list. My brother's shop also had the engraving equipment. An hour later one of his guys made the signs and I was on my way back to my ship with the signs in hand.

Next morning the inspection went off without a hitch except the comment..... Change the signs.... In our rush, we had put "Authorized Personal Only" vice "Authorized Personnel Only"

Thank You USAF !!! Personal vs personnel

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-01-2007 at 08:53 PM.

It's OK, you were in the Navy. Personal vs. personnel, you still spelt it bad. 504th Tactical Air Support Group here. Vietnam 1971. USAF. We would have won if they had let us...

Sorry about the OT. Your carvings are very nice! I hope to get busy here soon. Thanks for sharing,

Gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Ozark, Alabama, United States, 108704179153666, Ozark, Alabama

Default SPELLING

I made the bottom two as a joke for my Aunt , Her grandaughter can not say CHAMPIONS she says CHAMIONS , and besides my Aunt used to work at the university of florida.

and GO NAVY !!!!! LOL

Default Can't Spell

Reminds me of an event many years ago. I was walking down the street in my home town and noticed that the sign painter was painting a large sign for the local appliance store.

He had painted phoneograph on the sign and I said HOLD IT! I said it is spelled phonagraph (music on plastic discs for the younger readers). He thanked me and changed the spelling.

About an hour later I realized that I had told him wrong and it should have been phonograph. The sign remained that way for over 40 years and no one noticed.

I guess that is why we went to CD's as no one could spell phonograph right.

Gary,

Thanks !!!!! Hey I did take the test for the USAF but didn't score high enough.... Went Navy...

27 Countries, 10 years of Sea Duty, 3 Ships.

US Navy Retired

AL

That's funny. I spent 5 years in USAF. Left for 4 years, then tried to join the Navy OSVet. (Hard to reenlist when you're already on a 30% VA compensation.)
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Well, this thread has deterioated badly enough that I say that I was an Army Cobra Crew chief in VN 65-66. Before that, was in Germany defending the Berlin wall. We had some 504th Maintainance at our airfield in Vinh Long.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast