Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drill tool vs. assign bit

Quote Originally Posted by wlhtrain View Post
    So sad that the software "wizards" deemed it neccssary to dumb down the free software. Prior to 2008 all alignment features worked plus much more. Copy offset is also a very missed tool! Now the "basic" software is just a teaser and you have to fork over several $200.00 to get back to more functional designer. I was one of the original purchasers of the first 200 machines and thoroughly enjoyed working with designer and "testing" different projects with the machine. I traded in my original "a" machine for a "C" machine then had to leave it in the box in storage after a move due to a death in the family. Very disappointed when I was able to unpack my machine again in 2012. Imagine my shock to find all the features I was use to using were gone after a "required" update to the software when I fired up designer.
    So I am taking it that you deleted your original software?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    I also thought it might be simple to fix the dimensions to whichever edge/center the software decides it wants by matching the coordinates from the circle to the drill hole. However the software amazingly uses the edge of the circle for dimensioning rather than the center, while it uses then center for the drill tool which is pretty standard.
    Right click on the center of the circle, then click attach. Now you can point to a reference such as a center line or the edge of your project board, and the distance to the center will be displayed. Duplicate that distance with the drill tool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12