Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cw stalled in the middle of a carve

Default My cw stalled in the middle of a carve

I have my CW carving the attached mpc and it just stalled. It finished carving the letters just fine and then asked for the 1/4" ball nose bit. I put the bit in, hit enter, it did all the measuring and then said 'carving pattern'. The cut motor started, the truck dropped down to board level and I went in the house for a little bit. A short time later I came out to check it and the cut motor was still running, the truck was down at board level, 'carving pattern' was still displayed in the window but it hadn't moved AT ALL. It just sits there running and doing nothing. This is the last in a series of 5 and all of the other ones carved perfect. Anyone have any thoughts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Strange to say the least. How much did it actually carve?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

[QUOTE=fwharris;220159]Strange to say the least. How much did it actually carve?[/QUOT

It carved everything except edge routing of the letters.

I have seen that behavior when the x drive increments forward but the brass roller does not. It could be the belts slip on the board. The brass roller has lost contact. Missing tooth in the x drive.

For some reason, the brass roller is not reporting to the computer that the board has moved as expected.

I don't see any way to save this carve.

You could try to delete everything except the 1/4 ball nose stuff and reload. You may have to jog to touch to find high ground.

I had a 23 hour carve on two sides. It stalled 85% through on the second side. that really had me pissed. But here is what I did.
    Deleted the back side pattern so it will only carve the front side.
    re-ran the carve and it just danced it the air for half a day, then picked up where it left off. Worked out fine.

Just make sure you give your system a once over before you restart encase you have other issues.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Instead of letting it dance around for awhile you can create a box around the area you've already carved (as much as you can anyway) then give that box a "zero carve region). That way when you run the project again like you set it up, it will "air carve" for a few seconds in the zero region and the pause & move directly to where the real carving starts up again. Then it just takes up where you left off. It's happened quite a few times to many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by peep View Post
    I had a 23 hour carve on two sides. It stalled 85% through on the second side. that really had me pissed. But here is what I did.
    Deleted the back side pattern so it will only carve the front side.
    re-ran the carve and it just danced it the air for half a day, then picked up where it left off. Worked out fine.

Just make sure you give your system a once over before you restart encase you have other issues.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

WOW! What a great idea. Thanks
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    Instead of letting it dance around for awhile you can create a box around the area you've already carved (as much as you can anyway) then give that box a "zero carve region). That way when you run the project again like you set it up, it will "air carve" for a few seconds in the zero region and the pause & move directly to where the real carving starts up again. Then it just takes up where you left off. It's happened quite a few times to many of us.
    Another Great Tip.... And here I thought the Zero Area would still carve just air carve above the board the whole time.... Is that is all versions? Still using a old version.. 1.183.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast