Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: truck hard to move

Try a y motor test after you take off the belt. (You may have to turn off the machine as it will keep running, but you will see if the motor turns ok under power.)

after taking it apart the shaft appears to be worn as Al had suggested so I will call Monday to see about getting a new one. thanks everyone for your help

Have that part number from the picture I posted handy as some calling have been told it is not sold like that....

You must buy the whole motor and gearbox.

Let us know how you make out.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

ok will let you know when I call Monday

after looking at parts list they don't list one for the gear just the whole y motor assembly

That is why I posted the picture the other day.. It shows the part number where I purchased this part in the past.

I am hoping it is still avaliable.

MWM-A2073

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

7. Default

At least for now they are only selling the whole thing. They state they needed the parts for rebuilding the ones they sell, at least for now. I hope they build up stock and start selling the gear and shaft separate again since they are really a consumable and a part that is going to wear out so it should be sold individually. They should also sell the bearings, although it would probably still be cheaper to get the RC Car ones.

To remove the gear from the "Consumable" List all it takes is to remember to replace the 2 inner gear box bearings when you change your cut motor brushes. It might be "Early" but in my opinion it is well worth it...

Your correct.. It took me too long to decide that changing the bearings early was the answer... I had worn 3 gearboxes.

AL

I was told they no longer sell just the gear and had to buy the whole motor pack

Do they sell the bearing separately if not were did you get yours? Mine may be starting to ware out, making a weird noise. If they do why wouldn't they sell the gear separately?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast