Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: truck hard to move

Default truck hard to move

truck was hard to move so I change barings in y gear box and it still won't move

Was the carriage hard to move when the belt was off? If you do not have dust control, the rollers on the truck can dust in then and seize up. Check those rollers.

no it moved easy and I have dust collector

How tight did you set the Y belt when you reinstalled?
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

The Roller Rail Bearings can freeze up and the frozen bearing can slide along the rail fooling you as you move it. It is when it is under load of the belt drive that the head twists putting downward pressure on the frozen bearing acting as a brake and giving you the problem.

Sometimes you can flush out the roller rail bearings with WD 40 but be careful as the WD 40 can give you problems with wood finish if it gets on raw wood.

I recommend to mark the bearings with a marker to better see the movement or lack of movement.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjl232 View Post
    no it moved easy and I have dust collector
    How about the idle roller on the right end? Take the belt off again and narrow down what is causing the resistance. Does the Y motor turn easy?

will check idle roller and also try wd40

it turned fine after I change barring and moved freely until I put belt back on motor will try wd40 and the idle roller see if that helps

Another thought.... With the Power ON sometimes the Servo Motor OR Computer Controller fails and freezes up the Drive Electronically...

Test... Power on try to move the truck manually. If it moves hard... turn power off wait 1 min for electronic lock to dissipate and try to move again.

And another thought... You mentoned you changed the Y inner Gearbox Bearings... IT is possible that you waited TOO long and the Y Shaft is WORN THIN and the Big Plastic Gear is tilted TOWARD the center of the machine and is RUBBING on the U Shaped Machine Frame.

SEE my Picture of the Gear with the Worn Shaft AND the Rust Rub Marks between the Belt Sprocket and the Plastic Gear.

A Replacement Gear might still be avaliable at LHR.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg   LHR Order 8 2011.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-18-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I will take apart again and check. I want thank everyone for there help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast