Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed, Please

Quote Originally Posted by WBREASON View Post
    I went through setup and I did, in fact, select Scale to board. I will run it again and select the "Keep original size" command. Will it make a difference if I select "center on board" command as well?
    Yes, do select Center on board when prompted. As long as the pattern portion in question on the board layout still looks "round" in the preview, and you select the "Keep original size" it should come out alright. If not, please let us know (I'm sure you will!).

Here's something that might be helpful for you in the future. It's an article regarding the "why's" of Scaling:

ISSUE 18 March 2009 – Scaling and How to Avoid It!

Oh, I'm the guy that made that Scanning Video many, many years ago. Feel free to contact me privately anytime and I can answer any questions you may have about scanning. Nuttin' to it really, and it's a boatload of FUN!
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 01-12-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

2. Default

To all of you with input... I took another shot, layed off the scaling and glued extensions on my work piece to defeat the 7 inch rule. It came out perfectly! I'm not adept at using forums as I find it esay to become lost in threads. But i'll practice that a bit more, too. Thanks for all the help!

Bill - Lexington Park, MD

Glad you got it.... I use blocks of wood taped to the Good Board and use place on end.... Makes for FrugAL use of wood...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00924_WEB.jpg   CLK1.jpg   b2.jpg   DSC00793_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default approaching the end

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Glad you got it.... I use blocks of wood taped to the Good Board and use place on end.... Makes for FrugAL use of wood...

AL
    Approaching the end... clever idea with the tape... no drying time. Attached a few pics. 1)Aircrew Wings giving me trouble are now perfect 2) the Air Warfare wings came out every time but a little harder wood made it better. The project is being mated with a US Navy p_3 silhouette done in locally milled black Walnut, I'm very pleased with it. I'll post when the task is a wrap.

Cheers,

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0066.JPG   DSC_0067.JPG   DSC_0065.JPG  

Very handsome set and I admire the P3 Black Walnut cutout that really uses the woodgrain sweep to compliment the silhouette. Masterful work
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12