Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about system capabilities

Here it is inside a 3.8" circle. Note that I did a LOT of clean up on the vectors by removing a large majority of them to clean up the look. The depth of carve is at 0.035"..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foggy mountain.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Springfield, West Virginia, United States

Thank you for your help and picture fwharris. It looks doable. We really appreciate the time you put into it to help us figure that out. I had to do a little clean up work as well but was able to make some adjustments with the programs between Corel Draw and Trace to keep it from being excessive. I also adjusted some of the areas of the logo that I feared would give us the biggest troubles. I am attaching an gif made from the vector file that we will probably go with. I think we've been able to maintain the integrity of our brand and logo but hopefully find something a little more carvewright friendly. We plan on carving it with a 60 degree v bit with centerline text software. Any opinions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOGGY TEST vector.gif 
Views:	27 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	66997

Let me work with the new logo to see what works. With centerline you do not have any control on the depth of carve so I would suggest trying use vectors so you can control the depth. On the picture I posted that was the 60* bit also...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

would you like me to email you the vector file to save you from having to fuss with it? I can save it as an illustrator file. If so message us your private email address. From what I can tell I am unable to attach an ai file in the forum. Thanks again

Here is the test vector. Again did some editing to remove some vector lines...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foggy test.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Just a thought, could you make the words into a font and the rest a vector and put it all together in designer?

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Here is the test vector. Again did some editing to remove some vector lines...
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    Just a thought, could you make the words into a font and the rest a vector and put it all together in designer?
    I thought about that also and it could very well be done.

I moved out the game call text and replaced it with centerline text. Also after seeing the depth of carve on the centerline I raised up the depth to 0.016 from 0.050 on the rest. It does make a big difference in the over all look..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foggy test 2.PNG  
    Last edited by fwharris; 01-16-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Thanks, that looks very good James. I will have to drill holes or slots around the logo area to let the turkey sound out of the call but this looks great. So do you suggest getting centerline text software when we order the carvewright tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianandBessie Kesner View Post
    Thanks, that looks very good James. I will have to drill holes or slots around the logo area to let the turkey sound out of the call but this looks great. So do you suggest getting centerline text software when we order the carvewright tomorrow?
    I would suggest centerline and the conforming vectors software. The conforming vectors will allow you to do vector carving on a surface that is lower that the top board surface. To see the features view the tutorials in the support section on the CarveWright site..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Gotcha! and a 60 degree v bit? I know i won't even plug the carvewright in until i get the dust collection hood.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast