Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about system capabilities

When I demonstrate this machine, in my shop or at a show, I almost insist purchasers get Centerline and Conforming Vectors. The 2 together are very powerful. I usually use the default 90deg V bit but have and sometimes use the 60.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

That could open some doors. Here lately about every 3rd or 4th piece requires a metal plate and i have to go and get one made. It's a pain. Those look affordable as to the size they can engrave on. Al?
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Springfield, West Virginia, United States

Yes, we contacted Full Spectrum laser and you're right, it's the best deal out there. We wanted to grow the wood side of the business and thought if we had to buy one machine this winter it would be a carvewright. I guess i was hoping it would do both hollow the turkey calls and carve our logo with the same machine. The calls are seasonal and thought the carvewright would fill in some gaps. I'd love a break off the wood lathe also. I also thought for the deer grunt calls I'd wait for the rotary jig and do them also on the carvewright too. I just didn't know how much detail or small it would carve into the call surface being only 3.8" in diameter. Maybe i'm asking too much from just one piece of equipment and small detail for the carvewright to do the logo.

I think you should try to make your logo into a true type font. There are others here on the forum who do such things. The logo could then be cut on the curved surface as a character with a 60 degree bit and conforming centerline text. You might be happy with the result. One of us would certainly give it a try if you could make it into a true type font character.

The text Foggy Mountain Game Calls is a true type font , however the other graphics of the mountain,turkey, and trees are not true type font. Are you saying I can make the graphics (mountain,trees, turkey) true type and be able to carve it with detail?

Yes, I believe you can do that. I am not an expert on converting vector images to fonts. Maybe someone else here might have advice as to software and techniques.

I think the logo has too much detail to work well as a font. But if you want to try there is a Tips and Tricks on the subject: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_May09.pdf

I found two tools with free versions that I have used to do this: Scanfont 5 and TypeTool 3. Here is the method for these tools:

1. Convert image to black and white bitmap.
    2. Launch Scanfont 5.
    3. Tools - Options - Outline font editor, check Export outline font into VFB file.
    4. Open the image.
    5. Click Export - Automatically assign names - A_Z. Select a file name.
    6. Launch TypeTool3.
    7. Select File - New.
    8. Open the VFB file.
    9. Copy and paste the glyph to several character positions (some will be overlayed with a software logo, some will not and will be usable). (Left click on the new glyph, then right click and select Copy. Left click on character A, then right click and select Paste. Repeat for B etc.)
    10. File - Info - Names and copyright. Enter a name. Select Style name - regular. Press Build Names. Select File - Generate font.
    11. Install the font. Identify a letter that does not have the overlayed logo and use it in Designer.

You can also download a trial copy of Designer to see how it would carve. It will take a little time to get and learn how to use these software tools, but you will get a pretty good idea if it will work or not without spending any money. If you generate the font, one of us would probably carve it for you to try.

Okay... We have an older version of Corel Draw that has been neglected for a while so I'm rusty but I was able to convert the file into a vector format using Corel. I was not able to export using Corel to a truetype font as it said that there were too many objects to export even after welding several of them together. That is with our original logo. I haven't tried the slimmed down version that we were considering without the trees and such. The surface that we are wanting to carve the logo into isn't curved. The portion of the pot where the logo would go is flat. I will convert the second file and post both. Would anyone be willing to see how it might take to their machine? We would greatly appreciate it! We are fairly sold on the idea of buying but we are trying to map out our limitations before we take the leap.
    If anyone is willing please let me know which file format you prefer and I will be happy to provide it. Can I post vector in the forum or would I need to email the image directly? - Thanks again for all of your help.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianandBessie Kesner View Post
    Okay... We have an older version of Corel Draw that has been neglected for a while so I'm rusty but I was able to convert the file into a vector format using Corel. I was not able to export using Corel to a truetype font as it said that there were too many objects to export even after welding several of them together. That is with our original logo. I haven't tried the slimmed down version that we were considering without the trees and such. The surface that we are wanting to carve the logo into isn't curved. The portion of the pot where the logo would go is flat. I will convert the second file and post both. Would anyone be willing to see how it might take to their machine? We would greatly appreciate it! We are fairly sold on the idea of buying but we are trying to map out our limitations before we take the leap.
    If anyone is willing please let me know which file format you prefer and I will be happy to provide it. Can I post vector in the forum or would I need to email the image directly? - Thanks again for all of your help.
    I had a similar results in converting your original image to vectors with AI and importing into designer. What I saw was an issues was trying to reduce the logo down into your space needed on the call and getting a good clean looking carve detail. It looked great on a large scale though..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Any suggestions to carve it 3.8 inches in diameter?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast