Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Question about system capabilities

I would center suff but my sleds would be off once the weather changed.

How you guys make production parts without the sled reference in Designer is very odd to me. But to each their own i guess.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 02-02-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Actually, "centering" would be the only way to maintain accuracy if temperature and humidity changed the sled dimensions.
    Your 4-6" ends would change dimensions and your stock would also change dimensions, so it would not matter much except
    which dimensions you want to be off. The only way for your "center" to be centered would be the one you seemed concerned about.

Just my thoughts.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Actually, "centering" would be the only way to maintain accuracy if temperature and humidity changed the sled dimensions.
    No I don't see it like that I need to make parts to make money.

Lets say my sled is 10" and Designer is 10" WYSIWYG but the sled shrinks .1" I would receive the scale to size error right? This never happens with " Place on end or corner.

like i said it relay up to the machinist center or not center Mach 3 for the larger CNC likes to " Place on corner"
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 02-02-2014 at 02:37 PM.

My Designer boards are almost always just big enough to surround the pattern. Never even near the size of the real board or sled I will use. I center it on the board and it gets put in the middle of whatever sled I am using. I usually make the Designer board the same size as the piece of material I am going to use. The minimum size required to get the carve out of without cutting into the sled.

My Designer boards are almost always just big enough to surround the pattern. Never even near the size of the real board or sled I will use. I center on board and it gets put in the middle of whatever sled I am using. I usually make the Designer board the same size as the piece of material I am going to use. The minimum size required to get the carve out of without cutting into the sled.
    Yes I know odd. In the old days using a T square we set one point as reference. I defer to Chris L. " the designer of the CW" and Al.

Dan, I do that design like that also; however, my stock may vary from my Designer board.

Brandon, What kind of material are you carving that does not change size for the same reasons the sled changes?
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Brandon, What kind of material are you carving that does not change size for the same reasons the sled changes?
    Ok sure, once cut the sleds are the work horse they contain everything i need for said part " thickness, and size " when i place the card in the CW it also tells me what sled to use 10 x 20 6 x 5 no guessing like you guys have to and they last for a year two I do not need to alter them, however the stock that fits in the pockets can be off as much as .20" without any issues. Luther's tend to cut part in whats called " bolts" and then store the bolts for use down the road if by chance they don't fit in the pocket of the sled just trim them down.

Just the other day someone here had to place a piece of tape on their sled to pad for contraction, I will never have this issue anymore thanks to " place on Corner"
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 02-02-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314