Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carving

Default Carving

I don't have my machine yet, but I downloaded the software. I put an image into the CW Software and if I select invert under carve it looks kind of like woodburning. Is that what it should look like?

And which other carving types of carving and what are they supposed to look like? For example when the image is raised from the surrounding wood, which is that and vise versa and what do those other carving terms mean in the software?

Hanna,

On the CarveWright (CompuCarve), the depth of the CARVE is determined by the shade of grey the software has been given. Thus in the one case pure white would be the top of the wood and Black would be the bottom with 254 steps (plus one for white and one for black) in between. When you INVERT, the opposite would be true, thus the image would appear raised in carving on one and indented in the other.

Bob

Default Wood Burning

If you like wood burning art you should look into a Laser Engraver. Dealers take in used units on trades and offer them at a good price. Like a used car, some are great and some are problem children. You can read about laser engraving at a supplier I have used. www.laserbits.com

Good Luck,

AL

Even used, Laser engravers are far more costly than the CarveWright new, though. They do cut with CorelDraw directly though, and with a finer line, which would be very nice. Can you imagine being able to have both in your shop <g> ....

Default Lasers

I have 3 very old 13 year old first generation units that I was still setting up in my shop. My laser buddy found someone that has a bunch of this same model and was looking for more. Might be able to upgrade soon.... Like Christmas here..... Well we do have a Christmas Tree Farm....

Actually I am one very lucky guy.... Laser Engravers, Sublimation Equipment and now the CompuCarve. Crossed that Shop Bot off the list 30 seconds after seeing the Sears Christmas TV ad on Dirty Jobs.

I am just in startup now.

Pocono Digital Woodshop

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-01-2007 at 08:52 PM.

My wife says "where would you put it" and I'm not moving, nor can you put anything like that in MY house <g>.

Bob

Default Laser Engravers

I was in the same boat when I moved home from Sony. Putting the Laser Engravers in the house was not an option as it would back draft the Wood Stove or Oil Burner.

Built 2 buildings, a Laser Shop and a Wood Shop. Installed a Direct Vent LP Gas heat in both.

I set up the shop for 8 Laser Engravers as my Laser Buddy sometimes has rush jobs and could show up with 4 Epson Table Top Laser Engravers. When I finish the blowers I will be ready for a quick plug and play if needed.

Here is the Laser Exhaust.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-01-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Default Hijacked Thread....

Since I have already hijacked this thread and I am in Bragging Mode.... Here is the Sublimation side of the Business.

Computer, Epson Printer, Special Ink, Special Paper, Heat Press, Mug Press, let the fun begin.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-01-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Default Projects

OK... Last one tonight.... Christmas Projects.... This CompuCarve Fits in nicely with the Business.

Soon I will mix Sublimation / Laser Engraving / and V Carve for some interesting projects....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-01-2007 at 08:53 PM.

If you look close at the cups, the Hawk's Nest picture might be familiar. They have filmed about a dozen car commercials there over the years. BMW included.

AL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast