Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still demo'ing Designer 2.0.. fonts installed on my system are not working - Mac BUG?

Default Still demo'ing Designer 2.0.. fonts installed on my system are not working - Mac BUG?

I haven't completely written off the decision to possibly upgrade but I keep stumbling into road blocks...

Latest is while placing some text onto a project board, Designer is not displaying my font choice on the project board. Instead some generic font is showing up on the project board even thought the correct choice is showing up in the text window.. These same fonts always worked properly with Designer 1.x.

It's not every font but at least 50% of my fonts are not showing up properly. Some very common ones also are affected. The one is the screenshot was used so you can clearly see the font on the board is not the font I have chosen in the text window.

Macintosh version 2.004
    Mac OS 10.9.1

This might be an issue with just the Mac version?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 12.02.49 PM.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	66880
    Custom Cabinets built with the help of my Carvewright - Custom Dart Cabinets

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.

I'm also seeing this on my Mac.

Some fonts on the same family have problems, for example the normal version of a font displays OK, but the bolded or italic version just switch to a default font, not even similar to the desired font.

The funny thing is that the sample font on the left font selection list box displays the font just fine, as Ton shows on his screen capture.

I think the fonts I have found failing come standard with OS X, but I can't be sure.

I can provide some font names if required.

...Peter

Wow, I recently purchased the upgrade and just started to layout some text. I am using a Mac Mini with plenty of memory and the latest Mac OS.

I started a new project and selected the text button, left the default font and setting alone. When I started typing in the text I got the spinning ball for several minutes and finally ONE letter I typed in showed up.. Another spinning ball and another letter...

What could be causing this? Any Ideas?

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

I had this happen on my first use (windows) but have not noticed it lately.
    Have not done a project with ver. 2 yet, but am playing with designs.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Hey Doc, How ya feeling?

You still have the basket weave pattern? I am getting ready to re do my fireplace mantle trim and wanted to us it there.

Hope you are well and warm!!

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    Wow, I recently purchased the upgrade and just started to layout some text. I am using a Mac Mini with plenty of memory and the latest Mac OS.

I started a new project and selected the text button, left the default font and setting alone. When I started typing in the text I got the spinning ball for several minutes and finally ONE letter I typed in showed up.. Another spinning ball and another letter...

What could be causing this? Any Ideas?

Steve
    Latest software Maverick?

If open, close Designer.

1. Go to CarveWright Designer Icon
    2. Right Click and select GET INFO
    3. Select PREVENT APP NAP

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...light=maverick
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

How about the original topic , any thoughts on what might be going on?

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.

Got it. My bad. I had not installed it correctly either. Thx Connie.

I am seeing that a lot of the listed fonts display in the text box and board differently. Perhaps there is a way to keep fonts that are not compatible from showing up in the font list?

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    Got it. My bad. I had not installed it correctly either. Thx Connie.

I am seeing that a lot of the listed fonts display in the text box and board differently. Perhaps there is a way to keep fonts that are not compatible from showing up in the font list?

Steve
    The fonts that are not working now are numerous on my end. This was never an issue with designer 1.x so I am hoping LHR can identify what the problem is a issue a fix. I haven't upgraded but losing this many fonts would be a major concern weighing against a future decision to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    How about the original topic , any thoughts on what might be going on?

I sent a link to this to Joe, who has a MAC and can test.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast