Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still demo'ing Designer 2.0.. fonts installed on my system are not working - Mac BUG?

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    How about the original topic , any thoughts on what might be going on?

This has been happening to me, also on a Mac. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I sent a link to this to Joe, who has a MAC and can test.
    Thank you, Connie!
    Custom Cabinets built with the help of my Carvewright - Custom Dart Cabinets

Please don't hi-jack threads and take them off topic.. it makes using the search function very difficult and doesn't help get your, or the original posters concerns addressed.

Also happening to me but I am using Windows.

I tried it on 1.187 with Libian SC Regular and all is ok but on 2.04 the board goes to default font and preview shows correct font. This is just one example.

Steve
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

It seems there is an issue where the fonts reported present in the OS (primarily MacOS X) have weights, stretch, etc style keywords in the name of the font but when queried back for a family of that name report no such family found, resulting in the default being used. This has led us down the rabbit hole of font naming, check this out for an imcomplete list of possible keywords: http://blog.extensis.com/fonts/abbre...font-names.php.
    We are going to get code into the next release to correctly handle the most common cases and fail more gracefully in the cases we can't handle.
    We can add new keywords as they're discovered, but we've already seen that "Arial Black" is a font family, NOT the Arial family with weight Black. - CONFLICT!
    Mark Anderson
    CarveWright (10/28/2008 - 6/18/2014)

Looks like a rabbit hole with multiple hidden exits.. Thanks for the hard work!
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12