Thread: Almost the end of the first Carvewright year. I think I'm cursed.

Default Almost the end of the first Carvewright year. I think I'm cursed.

I just want to say, I don't mean this to be a rant. I just wanted to share my bad luck with everyone here. I know most of you guys have had machines for years and they are doing fantastic for all of you. But, as always, my luck cursed my machine from day one.

I bought my machine as a test for my business. My goal was, if the machine worked for me, to buy 4 more this year and make my small signs on them. My first carve on my machine was a simple vector lettering carve that said "LOL" for my son, just wanted to see how the machine did. My second carve, I was going to do the St. John's Heart carving that I found on here, it's beautiful work. Well, the Carvewright wouldn't run. After a day with tech support, the cut motor was bad, I guess the "LOL" sign wore it out. Since that day it has been one thing after another. Yes, i do maintain my machine very well, I do everything everyone on here advises. But it's my curse that this machine with only a little over 100 hours on it in a year has spent a total of 3 months not working. Right now I'm waiting on a new Y truck, bearings locked up on the old one and when I tried to replace them, the screws snapped off.

I honestly have wanted to send the machine back in for a while, to see if they could go through it, but the guys keep getting me to throw parts at the problems. So, once I get it fixed this time, I think my best bet is to put it up for sale. I will definitely miss the community here, all the help and advice has been priceless. I don't think it's a bad machine, I just think that mine was a lemon, it happens in the best of companies. Thanks everyone for all the help, the advice, and the friendship. It's been a good community experience.

If not for this forum, I do not know what Carve wright would do. My new C machine has constantly needed repairs. This forum fast tracks me every time.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

I feel for you guys! I bought mine last April, approaching a year. I have had a couple of issues, but CW has been great working with me. The most frustrating one was a software error, which took about a week to diagnose. CW folks were great. I replaced a cut motor around 80 hours and gears for the rollers around 100 hours (I may have these reversed). But one thing I keep in mind is what someone said on the Forum, if you ran any of your other tools as much as you have run the CarveWright, you would probably have issues with that tool. In your case jmoriearty, yours is not this case. It has been a great learning experience and the folks on the forum are also very helpful. Sorry to hear about your luck.

I have had my CW for over three years most of the brake downs where user fault . I melted a flex shaft sand paper roll under. The y and bearings . Thanks to Henry1 and his crash course .It has been running smooth since then. Also to Al for all the posts and others. Just wish I had more time for carving. p.s I have done some very big jobs with the CW stair case risers board room table etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoriearty View Post
    ...I will definitely miss the community here, all the help and advice has been priceless. I don't think it's a bad machine, I just think that mine was a lemon, it happens in the best of companies. Thanks everyone for all the help, the advice, and the friendship. It's been a good community experience.
    Hi Jerry,

I'll miss you. I've seen the fine work you do with the laser and lathe, etc. and always looked forward to seeing what you would come up with for your CarveWright projects, too. I just knew you were destined to be a CW Star! I'm very sorry hearing about the circumstances that cut your CW experience short, but I know you will continue to be successful (and creative!) with all your other endeavors. Take care, and may I wish you all the best.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══