Thread: hello new to the carvaholics

1. Default hello new to the carvaholics

hello, i got this cw after my father inlaw passed .ive already done a couple carving that he had on the memory card.this is a blast.but now time to learn..any i deas on what i should do first, is have seen the dust collectors that u have made and will make one.the 1/16 carving bit was in the machine when i got it , was tough but got it out -cleaned and lubed chuck now working good.any thing i should check to see if every thing is ok before moving forward with carving.he only used this for one year and not to many carvings.this forum is great already reading for two weeks and have learned many things already for the pros on here.looking forward to getting to u alls level. thanks mike

Mike,

Welcome to the Carvaholics! Great job on taking the time to reading the forum. You might also want to spend some time reading/viewing through the support section on the main CarveWright site http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/

Sounds like you might have an older machine with the old QC chuck. If so you might want to consider upgrading to the new CarveTight chuck. You can also talk with tech support at CarveWright to verify what if any upgrades your father inlaw might have done to the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.