Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: last christmas projects done

Thanks, it took some time to get the depths right but it worked.

2. Default

I'm using the 20 sign blanks purchased off the CW. Can't get the centerline text to carve on the finished sign. The sign is carved first and then it tries to carve with 90 bit but it found the 90 bit surface before the sign was carved so now the bit does not travel deep enough. you know the solution? I did get one carved but I did it by stopping the machine just before text carving started and lowered the bit about 1/4 and it did carve but that's not the right solution.

So how did you bring the text together? Did you make a pattern of one or both the name lines?

4. Default

I just brought the sign patter in to the screen and then added text over the top of it. the sign carving of course leaves a trim area around it that doesn';t get carved. that area is cut away on the bandsaw. so if I make a separate carving program of just text to fit on the sign carving then the bit finds it's depth from the flat edge of the sign that didn't get carved so the result is the same, bit doesn't reach the wood because the sign surface is about 1/4" reduced thickness.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stoneandtimber View Post
    I'm using the 20 sign blanks purchased off the CW. Can't get the centerline text to carve on the finished sign. The sign is carved first and then it tries to carve with 90 bit but it found the 90 bit surface before the sign was carved so now the bit does not travel deep enough. you know the solution? I did get one carved but I did it by stopping the machine just before text carving started and lowered the bit about 1/4 and it did carve but that's not the right solution.
    You need to purchase conforming vectors in order to carve centerline on carved regions. other wise what you did is one solution, another is to carve the blank then go back and carve the centerline on a separate upload and carve. You will have to make your board depth the same as the new carve region and probably jog to touch during the setup.

I can't believe all the nice projects being posted this morning and yours is right up there on top. Like the others, the way the antlers weave through the "H" adds so much to your already nice design.

Very nice, beautifully finished!
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Wow, very creative
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Very nice they look great.

Thanks, my wife does most of the design work and most of our graphics and designs in designer alone. We both have learned alot from this forum and all of you that share and mentor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast