Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you rate the Carvewright system today.

I have been a long time LHR Suporter... Sure... Machines do BREAK down... and Sure.... Sometimes Operators make mistakes, and in MY opinion if you keep up with the maintenance you will love the machine.

The more "Hands On" you are the better you will like it....

The more spare parts you decide to stock the less down time you will have.... You will find that things like Carbon Brushes for the Cut Motor, Sand Paper Belts, FSC Cable and the 685ZZ X Gearbox Bearings are "Consumables" and must be treated as such and have them in stock and follow a Scheduled Replacement Recommendation.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks to everyone for your replies it seems that things have certainly gotten better over the years. I will lurk around more to see if any special buys come along.

The best deals are going on right now. New machines not due until end of January.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Default rating the carve wright machine

They would us to rate the carve wright machine with 2.0 software. the machine I would say about 5 only because it broken down with in the first 35 hours of operation. it's not the dust problem the machine gets vacuumed during and after each carve. 25 hours lube conner posts , clean out the bed rollers and clean them up. The x motor went out because of fault in the wiring to the cut motor.
    said they replaced the brushes and bearings because the motor had bad hum in the motor when running. The programs are ratted 7 some are pretty easy to pickup on how to use. the best part is if your having problem I use one for instructions and the other for running the program for what i'm working on or need to know. This year going to buy the other programs we don't have like stl 3D design. Already have 12 jobs paid and 12 more to go hope my x motor gets here soon. Just got new dust collector. even thou the dust has not been a problem . only because I vac out half dozen times while running. have 12 signs to make, 6 box 12X8 with lids and hinges. half dozen signs for horse stalls. another guy want signs for bath rooms about washing hands and hitting the urnal.

Sticking a vacuum inside your machine while on can zap your controller! Don't do it!!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

So from what I just read does that mean static generated by vacuuming is a potential hazard for the unit. I worked on copiers and mimeograph machines in a past life and dealing with discharging static was a ongoing. However keeping the ESD mesh and wire in place prevent nearly all the issues. Just curious on how many grounding points are in the machine and how well the PC boards are isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFlea View Post
    So from what I just read does that mean static generated by vacuuming is a potential hazard for the unit. I worked on copiers and mimeograph machines in a past life and dealing with discharging static was a ongoing. However keeping the ESD mesh and wire in place prevent nearly all the issues. Just curious on how many grounding points are in the machine and how well the PC boards are isolated.
    I can't speak on the grounding points and the isolation of the boards, but if/when using a shop vac to vacuuming out during a carve you should always make sure that the hose is kept away from the keyboard end of the machine. Not doing so you will get a static discharge guaranteed. Also stay away from vacuuming around the keyboard area inside the machine. You should also make sure you are in direct contact with the machine, placing a hand on the top metal tray inside the front cover works for me.

Of course if you have a good dust collection attachment you do not need to worry about any of the above...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Interesting about the keyboard side of the machine. IIRC, the keyboard is shielded by the metal side panel, but I am not so sure that the side panel is grounded or even attached to anything grounded. Perhaps that is part of the problem for some people.

I do vacuum mine out, but the humidity is high enough in my work space it is incredibly hard if not impossible to make static.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12