Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with carving cribbage boards

Default Issue with carving cribbage boards

Hello all,

I have attempted to carve several different cribbage board patterns. They all appear to be good patters, one of which I paid for. My issue is, everytime and on every pattern about 80% of the holes drill correctly and the others jump around randomly and are not in line. I have checked the patterns and they are correct on the patterns. Anyone had good luck with these and any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Can you post an mpc and also a photo of a failed project?

Do not post the one you paid for. Question is do you have masking tape on the bottom of the board on keyboard side, and what type of wood are you carving.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I am carving on maple and I do not have masking tape on the project. I am using a sled and have attached the piece to the sled.

5. Default

One issue may be your machine. Is it, by chance and old "A" machine?

Terry, It is a b machine that was sent to Carvewright and updated. I have attached a couple of photos. You will notice the circle area even got off on this one. This didn't happen on my first attempt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131216_202057[1].jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	66452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131216_202048[1].jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	66453

You have an x tracking problem for sure. Since you were under the rollers, you have to check other possibilities. Here is a start:

Head pressure too low

rolled under sand paper belt

brass roller too close to rubber belt

brass roller damper gone

out feed trays too high

8. Default

I agree with bergerud. What is your sled like? 3.5 to 4 inches extra on each end? If the infeed and/or outfeed tables are even a tiny bit too high they can lift your sled up so that it looses contact with the brass tracking roller. Make sure they are adjusted properly.

The sled had 3.5 inches extra on each side and the piece I'm cutting is cut 1 inch larger then the panel. I have the rubber belts on the machine so I will check everything else on the list. What do you mean by the brass roller is too close to rubber belt? How do I check this. Also my head pressure has been low, but I was told that since I had the rubber belt that it was fine.

Push down on the brass roller by hand and see how close it comes to the rubber belt. If it touches or near touches, it will have to be adjusted.
    Head pressure is still important with the rubber belts. I have had slipping with low head pressure and rubber belts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast