Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading - just for fun

Default Reading - just for fun

Adapted from something on the internet..... TOOLS AND HOW TO USE THEM

SKIL SAW - a portable cutting tool used to make boards to short.

BELT SANDER - an electric sanding tool commonly used to correct minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

TABLE SAW - A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity. Very effective for digit removal!

BAND SAW - A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut large pieces into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash. Also good for digit removal!

CARVEWRIGHT CNC MACHINE - a small compact machine capable of producing exceptional carving projects until it spits your project out onto the floor, refuses to carve or give you unknown codes you cannot decipher.
    The CarveWright can bring you joy or sorrow, induce feelings of love or hate or like the 'Son of a Bitch Tool' make you want to grab it and throw it across the garage while yelling 'Son of a Bitch' at the top of your lungs.
    But the CarveWright can, most often, be the tool that brings you self-satisfaction, high praise for your work and gain you recognition as a master woodworker. The machine also provides you the opportunity to be a part of one of the greatest groups of machine owners around the world. Plus, you will never lose a digit ... unless you do something stupid.

sums it up very well. lol
    Start U Member

And I'm nearly positive I have used all of those tools exactly as you describe at one time or another. Nice.
    Doug Fletcher

Well put, Sharon and I appreciate the smile
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Sharon, You have such a terrific way with words!

Just had the 6 stitches removed from getting my right thumb too close to the table saw. Only injury from the CarveWright so far is raw fingers from multiple bit changes with sharp bits.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Love it Sharon,

You've documented all the major tools and described their use and purpose very well. The Son of a Bitch line however does include a whole wide range of power and hand tools.

Clint, sorry to hear your saw bit you that seriously. Hope it's healing well. I too learned a healthy respect for blades at the young age of seven (right to the bone with a band saw). It's kept me wary ever since and the safety features of the CW were one of it's big buying points to me.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I tell people, if I only had room for one tool... it would be a CNC. Cut, miter, bevel, plane, and carve!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

all very true.

dave

Sharon I have other tools named that. The snowblower just this last snow fall got renamed. lol nice think thats a shop carve for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast