6 42.86%
  • One patch

0 0%
  • More than one

8 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a START U patch

Default How about a START U patch

I've requested a quote from a vendor to make START U iron-on embroidered patches. This project will depend upon getting permission from LHR to produce and sell these among us for your addition to the shirt or jacket of your choice as a START U member for CarveWright.

My START U t-shirt is just plain worn out and no longer worthy of display at the Wood Working Shows or demonstrations of the machine so I was looking for a way to carry this identity on several shirts and or my shop work apron. This way I can have long sleeve shirts to wear for the winter too.

Connie, can you inquire if this would be authorized by LHR (or would the company like to order and distribute these at cost)?

How many Start U Members would like to buy one or more at about $2.75 each (covers postage too). Your replies here both PRO and CON will help us judge if this will fly.

Current quote is for a 3" tall by 2.96" wide patch in full color and with iron-on backing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start U patch proof-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	66357
    Last edited by Capt Bruce; 12-13-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    My START U t-shirt is just plain worn out and no longer worthy of display at the Wood Working Shows or demonstrations of the machine
    Mine is still like new! After several requests over 3 or 4 years and promises to send it, it must still be sitting in my box a LHR HQ.

I tried to get people with a carvewright here in Florida, not anybody replied must not be that many people that owns a carvewright in this area.

I voted for more than one. It would be good if CraveWright offered a patch of their logo at cost. I got my T shirt from the pallet at my first WWShow2 years ago, but only ware it for shows. We need those shipped with the other stuff for the shows. My assistant (wife) wares the black long sleeve with CarveWrignt embroidered on it - only for the shows. I consider them CarveWrignt property.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

As a fairly new start U member, I would love to get ahold of a shirt and or patches that I could put on my own shirts to advertise the Carvewright at area market events. How can I go about getting at least a shirt?
    J.E. "Gene" Young, Sr.
    Allthingswood
    1929 Hughes Drive SW
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CarveWright Start U Team Member

Connie, can you inquire if this would be authorized by LHR (or would the company like to order and distribute these at cost)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start U patch proof-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	66357
    Fine with us.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Sorry to see there isn't much interest so far after 64 START U Members took a look but I'll keep this open for a while. Cost noted above at $2.75 each would be for a batch of 100 and I'd have to cover that cost up front to order them. I'll try getting quotes for a smaller initial order and see what the patches total cost will be that way so maybe we can go ahead with this.

If this does not work I guess I'll look for an embroidery firm locally that can just do some shirts for me. Thanks for looking.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Sorry to see there isn't much interest so far after 64 START U Members took a look but I'll keep this open for a while. Cost noted above at $2.75 each would be for a batch of 100 and I'd have to cover that cost up front to order them. I'll try getting quotes for a smaller initial order and see what the patches total cost will be that way so maybe we can go ahead with this.

If this does not work I guess I'll look for an embroidery firm locally that can just do some shirts for me. Thanks for looking.
    Bruce,

I am guessing that some of these votes/visits to this post are not from startu members.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

9. Default

Sorry to see there isn't much interest so far after 64 START U Members took a look but I'll keep this open for a while.
    I agree with Floyd. Are there even that many StartU folks in the first place?? (64) I didn't realize there were that many. But I have been kinda of away from it for quite a while now.

10. Default

I am not a Start U member but you would think the company would support its sales persons to the tune of $6. a person which is the cost of an average t-shirt. Even say one per year with a sale of a machine. Not a bad incentive for someone who sells an $1800 machine, provided the company had machines to sell.http://www.vistaprint.com/t-shirts-m...47936575&GNF=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast