Thread: I wish my CW could do this

Default I wish my CW could do this

I wish my CW could do this, but I don’t know if it could run for 365 days straight let alone fit into the machine.........

One tree, four years of work and an indescribable amount of talent: that's what it took to create this incredible masterpiece. A famous Chinese wood carver chopped down a single tree and tirelessly worked on it for over four years to make this piece. Your jaw will hit the floor when you see what he created. It all started out with a simple tree trunk.
    Then Zheng Chunhui, a famous wood carver, spent over four years creating this masterpiece.
    The carving is based on the famous Chinese painting Along the River During the Qingming Festival.
    The original artwork was created over 1,000 years ago.
    The piece won the Guinness World Record for the longest wooden carving and measures
    over 40ft (specifically, it is 12.286 meters long, is 3.075 meters tall at it highest point,
    and is also 2.401 meters wide).
    The intricate carvings of daily life in ancient China are so detailed and perfect,
    they could drop your jaw.
    It's no surprise that this incredible work of art is drawing so much attention. It''s amazing,
    but not just because it's so big, but also because it's so incredibly detailed.
    That was 8,760 hours well spent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carve 1.jpg   carve 2.jpg   carve 3.jpg   carve 4.jpg  

carve 5.jpg  

So lets see, that will be about 200+ deep reach carving bits at about $79 ea. and a bunch of flex shafts and the STL software to import the slabbed tree as 14" wide boards, and a couple hundred gallons of glue to put it all back together . . . .
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

3. Default

I've seen that before. Incredible! I wonder how many (if any at all) of the smaller pieces were carved sepreately then attached to the main tree?

Bruce don't forget the sanding disc's one or two will do. lol

Was it carved by Ho Lee Cow? (Sorry, couldn't help it.) Astonishing detail.

Ah !!! Give me my angle grinder with my Lancelot attachment ,, my dremel and about 2 hrs ....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!