Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FIX for Designer on MAVERICK OS for MAC with SLUGGISH FONT ISSUE

I apologize for my part in taking this thread off topic. I do hope you get your issues resolved.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by gapdev View Post
    I think that what you are describing is what Metallus has previous said not to do?

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...408#post216408

Best to take this up over there since Carving Bits are not related to this thread and I for one need for the problems in this thread to be fixed or I cannot use the software that I paid for.

Kenny
    Kenny , That thread has been closed so I apologize but what I am trying to get is a straight answer to the question "Is designer 2.004 programed to be bit specific and Carvetight specific? Please..... yes or no. A straight answer will enable me to decide which direction to go from here.

Whoops, sorry. Didn't realize it was closed.

I was concerned that they would close this one (they tend to do that a little too often) and I and other Mac users need this specific problem to be resolved - soon.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by tierman View Post
    Kenny , That thread has been closed so I apologize but what I am trying to get is a straight answer to the question "Is designer 2.004 programed to be bit specific and Carvetight specific? Please..... yes or no. A straight answer will enable me to decide which direction to go from here.
    I think the answer is yes. As far as I understand, the bit find procedure had to be rewritten to include the new deep bits. In the process, the procedure was made more efficient by speeding up the z movement where the bit is not expected to be. This has had the unintended consequence of causing z stalls at the bit plate when the bit is longer than expected. I think the jury is still out on the subject. We will have to wait and see.

Default FIX FOR MAVERICK on MAC

We have found a fix for Maverick on Mac for Designer 2.0!!

1. Go to CarveWright Designer Icon
    2. Right Click and select GET INFO
    3. Select PREVENT APP NAP
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

6. Default

Interesting, I am sure your software developers know this but just in case, designer can be coded to tell the OS to keep Nap App off so that in future updates this issue can be resolved without user action. For the curious Nap App is a feature built in to Maverick to reduce use of the processor when a program is not in use but open. The function is primarily for battery savings on laptops. It reduces the consumption of battery by the processor.

I can confirm that this works.

I second Icarver's suggestion to make this fix part program so the user doesn't need to get involved.

I would also like you to try and get rid of the second dock icon, the one for FontGen.

Thanks a lot for figuring this out.

...Peter

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

The App Nap api doesn't exist in our software development environment, so we don't have access to its functionality.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    The App Nap api doesn't exist in our software development environment, so we don't have access to its functionality.
    That is too bad.

Default Font issue fix - works

Was able to get the font issue fixed in Designer 2 running on Mac Mavericks with the fix from lynnfrwd. Thanks!
    Called Carvewright today (5/2) the fix is in the works for the next update.
    Eggman
    'Carver's always have the cutting edge'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast