Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FIX for Designer on MAVERICK OS for MAC with SLUGGISH FONT ISSUE

This glitch with OS 10.9 and the fact that 2.0 doesn't seem to like the Rock Chuck would have been nice to know before I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Jakab:

Can you try this (stole from TEXT EXPANDER) and see if it fixes the issue?

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu
    2. Click on Security & Privacy
    3. Click on the Privacy tab
    4. Click on Accessibility in the list at the left
    5. Click the lock icon to allow you to make changes (you'll be prompted for your password)
    6. Check "Designer"
    7. Launch Designer and see if it made any difference
    Hi Connie, I tried the above suggestion and no, it doesn't make it any better.

Thanks for trying.

...Peter

Quote Originally Posted by gsdsj View Post
    This glitch with OS 10.9 and the fact that 2.0 doesn't seem to like the Rock Chuck would have been nice to know before I bought it.
    What are the issues with the Rock Chuck? I dont remember reading anything about that. I haven't purchased 2.0... but if it throw fits with the RC, I almost certainly wont buy it. (probably should start another thread on this...)
    Doug Fletcher

Doug check your private messages. Greg

Designer 2 doesn't have any issues with the Rock Chuck. It's the long carving bits that are the issue. The Rock Chuck sits too low off the bottom of the truck to accommodate the long bits. The software doesn't have anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    What are the issues with the Rock Chuck? I dont remember reading anything about that. I haven't purchased 2.0... but if it throw fits with the RC, I almost certainly wont buy it. (probably should start another thread on this...)
    Designer2.0 did not seem to cause any issues with the Rock, however, when I upgraded to Designer2.004 I did have to insert my regular carving(not extended length) bit about 1/4" further into the Rock because it seemed to "dive" onto the bit plate considerably faster and I got a "z" truck error. After I moved it deeper into the chuck it registered OK. Also, I have noticed that the bit does push down on the bit plate and the board surface with considerably more downward pressure than it did before updating to 2.004

I did a quick test and 2.004 seems not compatible with the Rock so far, but it could be something like dirty rails.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 12-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I did a quick test and 2.004 seems not compatible with the Rock so far, but it could be something like dirty rails.
    It seems that I have to recess the bit into the Rock the amount of the thickness of the collar on the 1/4" collet, approx..240 to .245, is what is sticking out of the top of the Rock. Now , one other issue I ran into yesterday. In the past I could "lie" to the machine when initializing the bits when using multiple bits, can't now! Had a project using a 60 degree V and a 1/16" carving. As before I was going to lie and just use the carving bit for initializing when it called for vbit and it slammed into the bit flag. In the 2nd try I put in the v bit, which is considerably shorter, and z truck came down fast but slowed just before touching off on bit plate. My question, is Designer 2.004 now programed to be bit specific and Carvetight specific.

I hope they don't take away the ability to "lie" when going thru the bit check (or a dd a user option to turn the first check on or off). Like you I almost always lie by keeping the same bit in the chuck for the first measurement, and then replacing with the correct best when i actually needs to use it. It is a nice time saver at the beginning of the projects.
    Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by tierman View Post
    As before I was going to lie and just use the carving bit for initializing when it called for vbit and it slammed into the bit flag.
    I think that what you are describing is what Metallus has previous said not to do?

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...408#post216408

Best to take this up over there since Carving Bits are not related to this thread and I for one need for the problems in this thread to be fixed or I cannot use the software that I paid for.

Kenny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast