Thread: Board Routing

Default Board Routing

I am having a problem routing the edges of a board, when I set up the machine I select the bit I want to use and set the depth for 1/4 or 3/8 and the machine will cut one end as usual and and ask if I want to keep the setting which I reply yes, but then it finishes the other 3 sides deeper then the setting I wanted which leaves the board with a smaller size cut on the original end? I have done this several times with different bits and no matter what I do the one side I started with is always a smaller cut, also if I re-cut the fist end making a deeper cut, it is always deeper then the other 3 sides? I don't think the machine is reading the end of the board right but I don't know what to do about it? Any help would be appreciated .

The board is probably tipping as it is not under both rollers. Check to make sure your out feed trays are out of level. Not many use the machine for edge routing even though it can be done. We do it with our routing tables or regular router.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I do not think many people on this forum use the CW for edge routing. You may have found a bug in the firmware. What version of software are you using?

Floyd is correct - when the board comes out from under the rear roller, it dips some when you route the edge.

The route board stand alone (machine function) works differently and much better than the software route board command.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I gave it a try. From the control panel I picked edge route with the 3/8 Classical at 0.25. It started with the back end of the board and after routing the back edge, asked the question to keep the depth setting. I picked (1) keep and it continued with the other three sides. In my case it did not cut the last three sides deeper.

I was using 2.003 firmware.