Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Sled

Another alternative... I load my sled and then use measure board. I then use those measurements as my board size in designer. Then you can place the carve anywhere you want it.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

I have what I think is the EASIEST way to do this....

Use "Place on END"....

Use Sled Width.

On physical board measure from the head end of the board, the one that would be under the cut motor from the board edge to the start of the plaque and note that measurement. Measure then from the head end to the Plaque End.

Measure the plaque size and also the distance of the edge of the plaque on the brass roller edge of the board. TOP of Designer is the Brass Roller Edge.

Now in Designer...

Start with a board that matches the sled width and then take the measurement that was the end of the plaque away from the head end and ADD 1 inch. Make that the Board lenght. When you use Place on END the machine will stop 1 inch past the plaque.

Draw a rectangle for....

Distance from the right side edge to the START of the Plaque.
    Distance from the right side edge to the end of the Plaque.
    Distance from the Brass Roller edge of the board to the space in width of the spacer where the plaque starts.

Draw a rectangle to the size of the plaque.... Place the plaque rectangle on this designer board where the plaque is.

Place your text inside the box...

Use PLACE ON END and NOT stay under rollers.

As long as you don't assign a BIT or Carve Region to the Rectangle, it just acts as a position indicator... or a ruller on the board...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Text in Place on End.jpg   MPC 1.jpg   CW 3x.jpg   DSC01993_WEB.jpg  

DSC01984_WEB.jpg   BC2.jpg   BC.jpg   DSC00793_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-11-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Help with Sled

Great tip Al, going to put that in the book!

THanks for the advice Al. I'll keep that one handy from now on. I finally made mine work. I turned everything off, reformatted my card, taped rails only on my plaque (didn't use my sled). Took measurements using the CW and entered those in to Designer. Centered, no rollers, single sided project and it finally worked. Was driving me crazy for a while there. Still going to learn how to use jog to position better. I think sometimes I just get wrapped up and read too much in to looking for a solution. Need to step back and breath...... : ). Thanks for all the help and advice everyone.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12